Chapter 45

Cry’s P.O.V            

The next few days were a blur. They flew by so fast, I could hardly keep up. My days were filled with meeting Pewds’ family, getting dragged around his hometown and visiting just about every fast food joint going. Then my nights...let’s just say the nights were my favourite part. 

It was our last day today. Pewds and I would be heading back to Florida tomorrow and I’d come to find myself not wanting to leave. I remember when I called my mother at the beginning of the week. She thought I was joking at first, not actually believing I was half the way across the world. Once I’d explained everything she began to understand. I’ve always been open with my family so my mum knew why I needed to go with Pewds.

“Cry... Are you awake?” I heard Pewds whisper across the silence of the dark room.

“No,” I groaned and rolled over, my head resting on the other side of the pillow and facing away from him. He chuckled softly and shifted closer. I don’t know what it was but I didn’t want to get up this morning. I guess I just wanted to make every moment last.  

“Hmmm good morning,” he murmured into my ear as he wrapped an arm around my chest and kissed the back of my neck. I couldn’t help but smile beneath my mask and force my eyes open. The thick brown curtains sealed out the morning sun, making it seem like it was still night.

I took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

“Come here,” I chuckled and rolled onto my back, lifting my mask and catching his lips with mine. He smirked against the kiss and propped himself up, allowing him better access to my mouth. He went to pull away but I lifted my hand, knotting my fingers into his bedridden hair and prolonging the kiss for as long as I could.

“I need to go take a shower,” Pewds whispered against my lips, forcing us to part and making me pout up at him.

“Awh really? You smell fine to me,” I murmured before tightening my grip on his hair and pulling him down for another kiss. My actions must have caught him off guard because he fell forward, quickly catching himself by stretching his hand out at the other side of my head.

“Cry,” he complained against my mouth but I just ignore him, knowing that he wanted me to carry on from the way he kissed me back. I tilted his head, running my tongue against his lips and loving how he leaned into me. Yet, as he began to get lost in the kiss, a bright idea sparked in my mind.

I pulled him away, running my fingers through his hair as his mouth hung open, and he frowned down at me. “Let’s go take that shower,” I whispered, my voice deep and suggestive. I notice his eyes shine suddenly.

Without answering, he grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bed, dragging me straight into the bathroom.

“Hurry up!” Pewds called to me from the front door. I hopped around the kitchen, a slice of toast hanging out my mouth as I tried to pull my shoes on. I knocked into the counter which sent me spinning clumsily, still balancing on one foot as I tried to save my breakfast from falling on the floor.

“Cry!”

“What?!” I yelled. I smiled down at the toast which I’d skilfully caught then shoved it back into my mouth as I knelt down and began to tie my laces. Pewds popped his head around the doorframe.

“Hurry up,” he repeated as he walked over to me. He was ready to leave for the hospital and held the coat he’d lent me in one hand while he reached to grab the toast out my mouth with the other.