Chapter 36

Pewds P.O.V

 Cry stood giggling like an idiot next to me as we stared, in utter shock at the very pregnant Nicky as she stepped off the podium. Snake wrapped his arm around her, rubbing her arm gently and whispering something in her ear, making her laugh.

“Oh jeez. I’m getting some cake,” Cry chuckled and waved his hand in the air, indicating that we should have seen this coming. I watched him walked over to the table and grab a cupcake, sharing a joke with the ginger man who stood nearby.

“What are we going to do?” Ken asked me, leaning over and folding his arms. I had no answer for him so only shrugged and glanced back at Cry who was nibbling at the cake as a group of people formed around him, pointing at his mask and asking questions. I knew that it was only a matter of time before someone realised who we were.

A soft static formed in my headphones and I glances down at them as they hung around my neck like always. “Maybe you should get out of there,” Stephano suggested although his voice calm and nonchalant.

“We can’t just leave. We came here to find them,” I told him.

“I guess,” Ken replied, thinking I was speaking to him.

“What if you don’t like what they have to say?” Stephano asked and I remained silent, pondering his words and trying to think of what he could possibly be implying.

“Surprise!” I quickly spun around to find Cry standing behind me, one hand behind his back and the other extended out to me, a small cupcake resting on his palm.

“Awh,” I chuckled and took the cake, watching as he took his other hand from behind his back and handed one to Ken.

“It seems you’ve made some friends,” Ken commented and nodded towards the group at the table. I only smiled up at the masked man as I peeled the case from around the soft sponge and took a bite.

Jesus, this is good.  

“Well, it never hurts to be polite,” Cry replied but remained facing my way and I was sure he was flashing me one of his hidden smiles. My stomach twisted slightly at the thought and I had a sudden urge to kiss him...although I couldn’t right now.

“So, what’s the plan?” Cry asked us, pocking his head up to glance at Nicky and Snake who were now talking to a group of people.

“I have an idea,” I mumbled around my cake and my friends both looked at me. “Well, I was thinking, why not just say ‘hi’?”

“Because they have no idea who we are,” Ken pointed out before taking a bite out of his own cake. “Hmmm this is great,” he smiled and I nodded in agreement. These cakes were very nice. Gosh, I need to stop getting so distracted. I think Cry is rubbing off on me...  

At least, even if we don’t talk to them we can leave knowing we accomplished one thing: eating fucking amazing cake.

“You enjoying that?” a soft familiar voice chuckled at me. My eyes shot down to see Nicky standing beside me, a wide smile lighting up her face as she held her swollen stomach.

I could do nothing but nod, not knowing what else to do or say.

“Your speech was beautiful,” Cry jumped in, saving me from awkwardness. I never thought I would get nervous seeing her...she just looked so different. A lot had happened since her and Snake tested the simulations. That much was obvious.

Stephano’s words spun around in my head...maybe they have changed. Do I really want to taint my memory of them?  

“Awh, thank you. That’s very nice of you,” she replied and smiled up at Cry. As soon as her eyes rested upon the poker face mask her smile dropped and her eyes widened. “You’re...” she stuttered and began shaking her head rapidly.