Chapter 54

PewDie’s P.O.V

I sat on the stool Stephano had given me as he switched off the monitors. The room was filled with an uncomfortable silence, both of us knowing what almost happened but neither of us wanting to talk about it. I could hardly even think about it.

“PewDie.” I glanced over at Stephano who now leaned against the blank monitors, his arms folded and his eyes looking tired. “He’s back.”

My gaze flashed to the door which led into the mini simulation room. He was in there. I had no idea what had actually happened inside that simulation. I had no idea what had being going on inside that head of his but I knew I was flooded with relief knowing he was now out of there, knowing that this was all over.
“How about the others? Have they all regenerated?” I asked, stalling for a moment before having to go and collect him. I wasn’t sure what I was going to find and I wanted to remain naive to it for a few moments longer.

Stephano walked over to me, placing a hand on my back and crouching down to look me in the eye. “They are all safe, PewDie. Cry did a good job.”

I held his gaze, shaking my head slowly. “How could you say that?”

“Don’t blame him for what happened in there. Having to watch your friends die can do things to a man’s head. It’s not his fault.”

“I know that. I’m just...I don’t know,” I mumbled, dropping my head into my hands and leaning forward.

“Its okay, PewDie.” He patted my back gently before walking back to the monitors and making sure everything was off.

I should go and get Cry. I really should see if he’s okay. I didn’t want to but I knew I’d have to eventually.

So, I pulled myself to my feet, walking over to the door and opening it slowly.

I don’t know what I expected to find. Maybe a deranged man, banging on the walls? Maybe I’d find him arguing with himself, yelling at himself like he was back in the simulations? But, whatever I’d expected, it was nothing like what I saw.

It...It broke my heart.

Cry was curled up in the corner, his knees touching his chest and his arms wrapped around them as he buried his head between his arms. He looked so small. I was shocked, stunned into silence as I remained in the doorway. One of his hands was brought high, clutching onto the back of his hair as if protecting his head from something.  

The room itself was pretty dark but as the door swung open a little further, it cast a light over Cry’s trembling body, allowing me to see everything.

Blood.

He was still covered in wet blood and I watched as it dripped from the tips of his hair, as if ran down his arms and caused his clothes to stick to him. There was so much of it. I could smell it from here and it made my stomach churn. After I recovered from the shock, I began to hear him, hear his broken cries. He was sobbing his heart out, sobbing as if he were in physical pain.

“Cry?” My voice cracked slightly.

I hated seeing him like this. It disgusted me, yet I still loved the man...and my love for him overpowered any other feeling.

His head lifted slowly, hearing my voice and I took a step towards him.

“Felix,” he wept, my name getting distorted in the process. He unwrapped his arms from around himself, reaching out to me and I had no choice. I rushed over to him, falling to my knees and grabbing him.

“Fe...Felix,” he repeated, burying his head in my chest and holding me tightly as if I was a life-raft and he was drowning. I could feel his body shaking, distracting me from the fact that I could also feel the blood dampening my own clothes.