Chapter 16

PewDie’s P.O.V

The rest of the week flew by with little interruptions. The most drama we had was when Scott and Ken accidentally broke a window after arguing over whom could knock a pineapple the furthest using only a golf club. I’m not going to lie... I sat and watched them do it. I watched as Ken swung the club back, taking great caution in his aim then swung it at the speed of light. I watched as the pineapple launched into the air, gliding straight into the kitchen window which shattered in a second. I even completely ignored it and joined Ken in his triumphant cheers until Red and Cry rushed out the house and asked us what the hell we were doing.

I glanced up from the breakfast pots that I was washing and smiled at the memory. The window was fixed now, after a great deal of hassle off Paul who kept telling us that the only thing he’d warned us not to do was break anything. Ken had taken the blame straight away but, like always the rest of us had stuck up for him. Luckily our sense of ‘team spirit’ had left Paul admiring us and the broken window was soon fixed and forgotten.

“You should clean up more often. The domestic look suits you,” a deep voice whispered into my ear. I jumped at the sudden surprise, sending bubbles flying all over the place.

“Don’t scare me like that!” I whined and jerked my foot back, kicking him square in the knee.

“Ouch!” he yelped and grabbed his knee. “Well someone’s feeling feisty,” he added darkly.

“Shut up Cry,” I mumbled and focused back on the dishes. I’ve come to notice lately that Cry is what you’d call a ‘tease.’ He’s constantly flirting with me, constantly teasing me, constantly making me think he’s going to make a move but then pulling back at the last minute. Quite frankly; I’ve had enough of his silly little games. I don’t think he realises... this may be a joke to him but it’s not for me. I actually want it. I actually want him.

“Hmm I think I know how we can put that feistiness to good use,” he practically hummed into my ear. I gulped, trying to imagine what he meant. It was actually pretty easy to imagine.

“Erm...  how?” I asked once I’d found my voice. My eyes flickered over to him. The muscles in my stomach began to twist and knot as I waited for his reply.

“Well we’ve got the simulation today haven’t we? I’m pretty sure we can find some use for it there,” he answered casually.

Well Pewds, you should have seen that coming: the voice inside my head began to taunt over and over again. I glared up at him. He knew exactly what he was doing. I was certain of it.

“Why are you such a tease Cry?” I asked through clenched teeth. To my surprise he didn’t freeze up like he usually did when I pointed out what he was doing. This time he just shrugged his shoulder and walked to the other side of the kitchen.

“You know Pewds, you can always make the first move,” he said nonchalantly and pulled a glass out the cupboard. Had he forgotten about the other night? The night I clearly made a move outside in the dark! I stood still, staring at him. My hands had long forgotten about the washing up and my mind was spinning. Spinning with the possibilities his words could bring.

Right that’s it!

 I’m going to just do it. I’m going to just walk over to him, pull that stupid mask off and show him what ‘making a move’ really is. I’m going to do it. Right now. I am... 

And I would have...honestly, if the others hadn’t just entered the room, chatting about the simulation which was going to start in two hours, all blissfully unaware of the chaos that was going on inside my mind.