Chapter 48: Expected

If you have any questions regarding MLTACM just contact me on twitter.

@clarktastic

@izzygibson5 - personal

@mltacm - official MLTACM twitter

______________

❤Emmy's Point of View❤

"Bye Peter, see ya tomorrow." I say as I open the heavy door of the photography studio. It was closing time and I could finally go home and take a peaceful rest after my stressful day at work. We had to take a class picture for a group of preschoolers and I had to organize the pictures of a wedding taken a few weeks ago. It was complete hell.

I get in my white Camaro and immediately turn on the radio to get my mind off of work. As the commercials end, an unfamiliar song comes on. I look at the dash and it says that it's "Oath" by Cher Lloyd featuring Becky G. Hmm.

"Yo, my best friend, best friend 'til the very end, Cause best friends, best friends don't have to pretend, You need a hand, and I'm right there right beside you, You in the dark, I'll be the bright light to guide you, Member the time, time, times sneaking out the house, All of the time, time, times that you had your doubts, And don't forget all the trouble we got into, We got something you can't undo, do..."

The song was basically written for best friends. It talked about their struggles and how through everything, they will always be best friends. It gets me thinking. I really miss Delilah. We've been through thick and thin together. We've been best friends for almost 10 years now yet we haven't talked for like 3 months since her parents died. She moved away to Miami with Austin so I never get to see her. Maybe I should call her.

I shimmy in my seat at a stop light to get my iPhone out of my back pocket. Then I unlock the screen and dial her number. It rings 5 times then goes to voicemail. Dammit. Maybe she's asleep. It's like midnight already in Miami.

As I continue driving towards my house, I get a terrifying feeling in my gut. Something keeps telling me over and over again to go to her house. I don't know why but I listen to it. I make a u turn and speed towards Lilah's house not knowing what to expect.

When I get there, I sigh. Nothing's wrong. See Emmy you were just over... Wait.

I look closer then I notice something creepy. The front door was wide open and Mr. & Mrs. Jane's bathroom light was on. What the heck is going on?!

At this point, I'm starting to think someone is braking into their house. Instead of calling the police, I quietly get out of my car and make my way towards the front door. I would have usually started freaking out by now but instead I felt a sense of fearlessness.

As I reached the front door, I heard soft sobs coming from upstairs. That could only be one person. Delilah.

I didn't know what was happening but I felt myself running up the stairs as fast as I possibly could. When I reached the top I heard a loud, frustrated yell coming from the bathroom.

I ran into her parents room and towards the bathroom but it was locked. I started pounding on the door with full force when I heard a loud crash and something spilling.

With all the strength I had, I kicked the door open and couldn't believe my eyes. Right before me, my best friend lied dead.

I fell to my knees as tears fell from my eyes. I crawled over to Lilah and held her in my arms. She's not dead. She can't be. She has to be alive!

I look at her hand and see an empty bottle then a bunch of pills scattered across the floor. I put my ear to her chest and could hear her heart beating slowly but surely.