Chapter 35: Everything

“Delilah, sweetheart?”

I open my eyes. I’m sitting down at the dinner table with my parents.

“Mom? Dad?” I ask in delight.

“Shh, sweety take it easy.” My mom says with a smile. It’s so good to see her smiling.

“I’ve missed you guys so much!” I exclaim.

“We miss you too, ladybug.” Says my dad. That’s the nickname he gave me. Ladybug. It seems like forever since I’ve heard him call me that.

“Listen, we don’t have much time but we have something very important to tell you.”

I smile and nod.

“It wasn’t your fault. We need you to quit blaming yourself for the accident. Please quit making yourself feel bad because you think you killed us. You didn’t sweetheart.  You really didn’t.”

By this time my smile has faded and I’m sitting in my father’s lap like I used to when I was a little girl.

“There’s something else also. Austin. He’s hurt you, hasn’t he?” my mother asks. She knows me so well.

“Mom, it just doesn’t make any sense. Why would he do that?” I sob.

“Delilah, listen to me. You’re strong. You can do this. I just want you to know, he is the one for you. We need you to hold him dearly and never let him go. Words can’t express the amounts of love exchanged between the both of you. It’s crazy.”

“But mommy, if he loves me so much why would he do those things?”

“He’s confused. He’s a boy. He’s stupid. It’s your job to set him straight. You need to make him realize that he’s growing up. He cannot keep making mistakes like these.”

“But mom I…”

“We don’t have much time.” My mother says while touching my cheek lightly.

“We love you. So, so much. Goodbye Delilah.”

“What? Mom? Dad? No!”

They fade away then I black out again.

When I open my eyes again, I’m in a white room. I hear an annoying beeping sound coming from my right then the buzzing of a TV hanging on the top right corner of the wall.

I look down and notice I’m wearing some sort of gown.

It was then when I realized I was in the hospital.

I try to speak, but I can’t. I try to move, but I can’t.