Chapter 18: Karma

I fluttered my eyes open to the hot sun streaming down into my eyes. I squinted and got up. I walked down the hall towards Austin's room. I was fixing to open his door when the memories of last night flooded through me.

I gasped as I removed my hand off of the door handle. I quickly ran back to my room and locked the door.

I quietly went to my desk where I had left my phone and turned it on. I got on FaceTime and quickly dialed the person I could think of right now who will always truly be there for me. Sarah.

She answers within the second ring.

"Hey Lilah I was actually just about to call you." She said. It was so good to see her smiling face again. Me and her have become really close while we were in Hawaii and I hate being away from her.

"You look sad. What's up buttercup?"

Should I tell her? Ahh. Here goes nothing.

I started when we first came home. I told her how so many people were here. Then we all went to the balcony. I even told her how I felt so alive when I sang in front of them all. Then I got to the part when I noticed the two of them missing and what I found in the bathroom. She gasped and it looked like she had tears in her eyes but that could just be the ones forming in my own. I even mentioned how I knocked the shit out of Taylor.

She laughed slightly. "I'm glad someone finally hurt that ugly ass face of hers. Gosh I've always hated her." This makes me laugh a little.

I then continue and say how I broke the picture frames then fell into the glass.

"Oh my god!! Are you okay?!" she spoke with worry.

"Yeah... just a little bit cut up. That's all. Nothing bad."

"Delilah nothing bad?! You fell in glass! Let me see."

I hesitate then listen to her. I lift up my shirt to just under my breast. She gasps once more and covers her mouth.

"Delilah! Oh my gosh! Are you okay?! It looks really bad. I think you should go to the hospital."

I think about it. Okay. I have to admit, it does look kind of bad. I nod and say goodbye to her. I hang up and walk up to my door. I flinch before opening it.

Should I? I'm kinda scared to see what lies beyond it. I take a deep breath before slowly and quietly opening the door.

I walk down the hall and down the stairs. I notice that Peyton was asleep on the couch.

Since the accident totaled my car and I don't want to trouble Michele with this (and I sure as hell aren't going to tell Austin), I decide to wake up Peyton and ask him to take me to the hospital.

I place my hands lightly on his chest and begin to lightly shake him.

"Peyton.... Peyton...." I continue shaking. "Peyton!"

He squirms around the couch until he finally opens his eyes. With one glance in my direction, he freaks out and falls off the couch.

What did he freak about? I stand up and look in the mirror. Oh. Well that explains a lot.

My hair is ratted and tangled. My makeup is streamed down my face, leaving stains. My clothes are torn to shreds from the glass, which I didn't notice until now. Yay me.

Peyton calms down and stands up as well.

"Oh my god. Come here." He says before pulling me into a tight hug. I hug back and begin to lightly cry into his chest.

"He's a dick Lilah. I can't believe he had the fucking nerve to do that to you. You're beyond beautiful and so freaking talented. He doesn't deserve you."