Chapter 16: Power

When I turned on the light, I couldn't believe my eyes. Bunches of Austin's close friends and family were there.

All at once they yell, "SURPRISE!"

I look around and notice Michele, Aunt Lisa, Grandad, Peyton Sanders, Alli and Cody Simpson, Madison Pettis, and other random people that probably just so happened to 'be in the area'. This is weird.

I continue looking around until my eyes spot the 3 girls I really did not want to see the minute I walk into my front door. I see Olivia Holt, Stephanie Scott, and you wouldn't believe the third one. It was Taylor. Taylor Rafford. How does this happen? Wow.

I look at Austin and a series of mixed emotions flood through him. Anger, probably because we can't have sex now. Surprise, because he hasn't seen Cody and them in what seems like forever. And Finally, I saw Excitement. I really hope the excitement isn't because of the 3 blonde girls standing in the middle of our living room he has major crushes on. One of them includes the ex that broke his heart.

I quickly move to stand in front of Austin to hide his fading bulge.

"Mom! What is all this?" he asks in quite an annoyed tone of voice.

"Honey I just thought we could welcome you two home from Hawaii. You haven't been home for 2 weeks so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to hang out with old friends."

"Can I talk with you in private?" Austin whispers.

Michele nods before her son drags her into the kitchen.

I'm left all alone, just standing in the entrance being stared at by all these people I've never even met. Thanks Austin.

"You're so pretty!" Madison squeals. I turn and notice that she was talking to me.

"Thanks. You are too."

"Aww shucks!" she says in a weird country accent. I start laughing.

Then everyone just starts randomly introducing themselves to me. Even though I already know who they all are.

I finally get to meet Grandad and Aunt Lisa.

"So you're the girl that Austin can't quit talking about? He was right. You are beautiful." Says grandad.

"Thanks! It's so nice to finally get to meet you all! I've heard nothing but nice things about you." I say with smile.

Then Austin bursts through the kitchen door, clearly pissed off.

"Let's take our bags upstairs." He mumbles before grabbing my hand and his bags then dragging me upstairs.

We reach his bedroom and he slams the door.

"Austin, what's wrong?" I ask.

"What's wrong?! Taylor. She's what's wrong! I can't believe she has the fucking nerve to come here and act like everything is okay!" he said, raising his voice.

"But everything is okay. Right?" I ask getting kind of scared. Why would he act like this? He told me that he was over her a long time ago.

"I'm sorry, babe. Everything's fine. I just really don't want to see her."

"Oh okay." I say quietly.

"Let's just make the best of this. At least we got our family, right?" I nod. He's right. They're my family now.

He grabs my hands and we walk effortlessly down the stairs to the rather big and crowded living room.

Austin greets Peyton and Cody seeing as he hasn't talked to them in a while. I've never met either one of them and I'm a huge fan of them both. I'm actually kind of fangirling. Shh.