Chapter 8: Vow

A/N Words cannot describe how sorry I am guys!! My laptop decided to crash so I could never update. I wrote chapter 7 on my phone and it sucks. Lmao! To make up for it this chapter is going to be superrrr longggg. Like longer than Clark(: And there is going to be a plot twist that no one sees coming! Get your tissue boxes ready!!

P.S. Could y’all maybe follow me on twitter please? Help me get to 1k? @clarktastic Thanks(:

***Day before the Vow Renewal (Saturday)***

My mom still has no idea about tomorrow’s vow renewal. I’m so happy for them. 20 years is such a long time. It gives me hope that someday, I will get married to my soul mate. And that soul mate is Austin Carter Mahone.

Since none of us have anything to wear, Michele and I are going to the bridal store to alter Mom’s wedding dress that she wore 20years ago on the big day while also getting ourselves dresses. This is going to be the perfect opportunity for Mama Mahone and me to bond.

While we are out shopping, Austin, and my father are going out to get their own tuxedos and stuff. A part of me wants to tell my dad not to embarrass me. He’s probably going to make Austin feel uncomfortable. I’m just glad Michele is super sweet and would never make this awkward.

Michele and I drive to the bridal store and walk in.

“May I help you?” asks the lady at the front desk.

“Reservations for Jane,” I say. It’s crazy how you have to make an appointment these days just for a wedding dress.

“Right this way please!” she gestures for us to follow her.

We walk into a big room with lots of mirrors and a couple dressing rooms inside.

“Your consultant will be in here in a few moments!” the woman says and leaves.

We just sit there all awkwardly. Finally, when I have the nerve to speak up, a young man with his hair gelled into a fake Mohawk, walks in. He’s wearing a black suit with a hot pink tie.

“Hello my name is Griffin! I will be your consultant today!” he says and holds out his hands for us to shake. His voice is high but he’s making it that way. He must be gay. I have always wanted a gay guy best friend. I don’t know why, I’m just weird.

“Who’s the bride?” he asks.

“She actually isn’t here. We are planning a ‘surprise wedding’.” I say with air quotes. He nods as if he has heard it a thousand times.

“Renewing vows?”

“How’d you know?” I ask.

“Hon, I’ve been doing this for quite some time now!” we all laugh.

“So are you the daughter?” he asks. I nod. “So are you the sister?” he asks Michele.

“No I’m just the daughter’s boyfriend’s mom!” we all chuckle once more.

“Okay. Shall we get started?”

“Yes!” we say.

We hand him my mother’s dress and he hands it to the seamstress.

Then he shows us a few bridesmaid dresses.

I try a few on but I don’t really find any I like.

Michele finds a light blue dress that falls down to her feet. She looks absolutely gorgeous in it.

“You like?” she asks.

“Yes! You look amazing!”

“Aw, thanks Lilah! Have you found anything you’ve liked yet?”