The Girl behind the Throne Epilogue

hey guys, im not going to write an authors note in this chapter but  I will be writing a VERY important one next so make sure you check it out when you have finished reading this :D 

enjoy the song, its perfect for the last chapter i think, in fact play it while your reading :D 

enjoy :D

“Dad if you don’t stop it, im going to throw up on your shoes”. I threatened, fully planning to stick to my promise, well it would be involuntary if he didn’t stop pacing and making me dizzy just by looking at him.

He looked up at me and smiled apologetically. “Sorry, I’m just so nervous”. I fought the urge to laugh.

“And you don’t think i am?”

He smiled again looking like a kid who has just flushed the contents of his mother’s purse down the toilet. Suddenly the smile froze on his face, still gazing at me making him look like he was a block of ice. “You look so much like her, its unbelievable”. He said finally in a small voice sounding like it was dangerously close to tears.

Grabbing his hand i clenched it tight. “I wish she was here”. I said in a small voice, relishing the last memory of my mother, her pushing me on the swings stopping every now and again which only now i registered was due to the amount of pain she must have been in. I felt my eyes fill making my make -up artist appear in front of me, her eyes glittering almost daring me to cry and ruin her make up so she could finally quit. There had already been a few close calls that morning, the last straw should have been Echo and Sebastian throwing her equipment down the toilet, but thankfully Andrew was there to flirt and make her forgive his children while gazing at his face.

I had to laugh at the look of innocence on their face while Sloane told them off, at only two and half years of age they had obtained the ‘i didn’t do it’ look already down to a tee. Something i knew would be hell raising later on in life, but undeniably cute while they were small and chubby.

Suddenly there was a loud scream, turning around quickly, i saw the usual scene, the devil twins glaring at each other, one shoe over beside Echo while Sebastian smirked looking extraordinarily like Andrew stood there looking at his twin sister, while she rubbed a spot on her forehead where Sebastian had aimed the shoe.

I took a few deep breaths trying desperately not to scream when Ro appeared at the door, unsurprisingly, the twins only liked a few people in their lives. Jamie and I had been accepted and were one of their favourites, surprisingly so had Ro. Upon seeing Ro they forgot their previous squabble and jumped up speaking gibberish and running around her ankles until she gave them a lollypop out of her cherished supply in her handbag. Finally they quietened down, allowing me to accept how much of a big deal this whole thing was.

Which now that i was thinking about it, wasn’t the best option.

I looked over to Sloane who was rearranging her long violet gown, one i had spent hours arranging which was now featuring a white stain near the bust, Sloane followed my wide eyes and hastily covered the flowers on her strap to cover it before smiling sheepishly.

The sound of music drifted through the heavy wooden doors making it harder for me to breath, a wave of nausea drifted through me again putting me further on the edge. I felt the grip on my arm grow tighter my father’s face awkward.

The doors opened suddenly, Sloane walked ahead of me with a small wink in my direction; i braced myself with deep breaths making me sound like i was currently going into labour. Hmm suddenly that phrase was stuck in my mind making me forget everything until my dad started walking, no compassion for his only daughter stuck in thought.