The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 13

hey guys, i did my exam - it was shitty but at least now i can write for a little longer for a while. soo this ones a nice one.....i think.....

ps. has everyone checked out the facebook page yet?? :)

im not in the mood to write this so im gunna go and let you read :)

let me know what you think :) 

I gasped loudly as I opened the paper, inside were pictures of me and Jamie kissing against the wall. Jamie’s body was blocking my face as we kissed, with only my dark hair, silver dress and bare legs were the only things showing. The picture was blurry and unfocused, so whoever took it must have moved quickly away from us.

I read on through the paper as they tried to guess who Jamie’s mystery woman was, they had looked over all the guests of the ball for a young girl in a silver dress, thankfully I hadn’t had my picture taken so I wasn’t in the line up. The main guess was Lady Penelope Beauchamp, a tall willowy woman whose dress was close to the same colour as mine.

I looked on as experts analyzed the pictures saying that we the way we were touching we were in love and very passionate, but it was the next statement that made my heart drop to my stomach. It was a statement from the palace ‘we representatives on behalf of prince James would like to announce that the pictures are indeed of lady Penelope Beauchamp and himself, and that they are very much a couple’.

Tears blurred my vision as I read about how they had met last year and have been secretly meeting with one another for just over a year. I was supposed to feel relieved, but I didn’t, I felt like I was the dirty laundry shoved under the bed.

I felt tears fall down my cheeks and I heard the door open. I didn’t even bother to look up, I didn’t care who it was.

“Tess, are you ok?” I heard my dad ask me in a gentle voice. He knelt down beside me and rubbed my face free of tears.

“Not really. How did you know it was me?” I asked looking up to my dad’s face. He was still handsome in his late thirties, his black hair without gray and his blue eyes large and concerned.

“Darling, it’s a dad’s prerogative to know what’s going on with their baby girl, even if she isn’t a baby anymore”.  He said kindly pulling me up and into a tight hug. I hugged him back tears still falling down my face.

“Are you mad?” I asked jerkily through tears. He chuckled humourlessly.

“No sweetheart, im just worried for you”. He said rubbing my back comfortingly in slow circles.

“Daddy, did you see the statement”. I said in heaving breathes as I cried into his chest.

“I did, I was there when the king released it, James didn’t want him to say anything, he got so angry when he sent it off that he punched a wall”. He said soothingly to me. Jamie didn’t want them making up lies either then.

“Do they know it’s me?” I asked pulling myself out of the hug and sat down again, I was dreading the answer, it was most likely going to be ‘yes, and you have to leave’.

“No. James wouldn’t tell them who you are, I could see this happening”. He said tiredly and rubbing his face.

“How? Not even I could have predicted this”. I snorted; the tears were falling slower now.

“Because this happened to me when I was your age”. He said looking me directly in the eyes, I remembered now about what the queen said.

“With mum?” I asked looking at him, he nodded.