The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 24

hey guys, missed me?? well i took needed time out of my art work to write this, so i probably will fail in my art practical tomorrow, ah well....

i hope i dont get the same kind as last time to draw, i swear she thought standing still was doing the robot, i was going to stab her with my 6B pencil before the class was even over! 

so i really hated this chapter, i had in mind what i wanted for it , and this wasnt it...at all, but hey i was in a hurry so it'll have to do :) 

ok so i know i have used this song on another chapter but this suits jaspers feelings for tess perfectly so im using it again !!

btw thank you all so much for reading this, did i ever tell you guys that i love you?? well i do, more than chocolate....ok so you can read now !! 

Tess’s P.O.V

I could hear voices either side of me as lay there, the noise of it reminded me of surging up from underwater, it was as if the noises were dull at first but became louder and more intense making my ears feel like they were filled with cotton wool. I squinted my left eye open at the room.

Where the hell was I?

I spotted Sloane asleep in a chair on my right, she was slumped forward drooling into her cardigan, if I hadn’t been so confused at the minute, and I would have laughed. I swallowed and the feeling reminded me of sand paper because of my dry throat. I needed water, badly.

I tried to sit up, feeling stiff as a board, but I needed to stretch, I raised my arms ignoring the dull pain in my back, I looked around the room, sleep finally leaving my mind so I was able to take in where I was. I was in what appeared to be a hospital, judging by the nurses passing by and the clean white hospital gown I had on.

I looked around frowning as I was confused, how exactly did I get into a hospital? I felt a low burning pain on the left hand side of my face making me wince as I yawned. I turned to the left of me, catching the eye of the small bedside mirror. My mouth dropped in astonishment, as I looked at my bruised face, gingerly touching it wincing when a sharp pain shot through my jaw. I frowned and something on my left arm caught my eye, looking down I found a trail of bruises, their poppy colour standing out against the golden tan of my skin.

That was when it all came back, me drinking the scotch, Richard picking me up and stripping me, him holding me down on the table ignoring my begging and unbuckling my pants. My breathes came in short uneven gasps as I tried to breathe, tears were spilling down my cheeks before I even processed them, I let out a wail of pain making Sloane shoot up like a rocket.

“oh darling”. She said coming over and launching herself down on the bed beside me and clutching me in for a tight hug. She shushed me crying herself, and just held me as I cried.

I was crying for five minutes before the door blew open, Jamie came running in and took one look at me before running over to my side, his face was so worried in almost made me laugh.

“Im going to go tell Andrew that sleeping beauty is up”. She said detaching herself from me and wiping her eyes before shooting me a bright smile that told me she was glad that I was ok.

I on the other hand couldn’t understand, if Richard had raped me, then what I was doing here. I mean he was more likely to kill me afterwards than to send me to a hospital. The pain at the bottom of my chin grew more intense as the moments passed; I looked at Jamie neither of us had moved.