The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 27

ok so i felt mean expecting you to wait a week after such a bombshell so i worked really hard and totally rushed this chapter :O so dont forget to share the love :O 

this chapter is dedicated to my insta friend who always throws me in the pool when im melting.....dont ask :D

I jumped off his lap like a shot, stumbling slightly when all the lusty pent up feelings went to my head making me dizzy and even more uncoordinated than usual. Jamie shot up too and we both stood there looking at each other for five minutes before breaking away and running inside. I grabbed my car keys and ran to my Porsche; Jamie did the same and hoped into his jeep.

We both started the engines and were in the process of reversing out of the driveway when we both realised that we didn’t have a game plan. We both cut off the engine and opened our doors, without letting him speak I yelled it out.

“You go to see Andrew”. I yelled at him and he nodded quickly. I was about to sit back into my car when I jumped out again. “And for the love off all that is holy do not mention the word pregnant otherwise Sloane will f*cking kill me”. I said again blowing him a quick kiss and jumping back into my car, tearing down the road not bothering to look back.

I arrived at Sloane’s penthouse twenty minutes later and knocked anxiously on the door. I heard footsteps coming closer and the door was answered to a pyjama clad Sloane who had a full tub of peanut butter half devoured. She smiled at me between gulping back spoonfuls of the sticky mixture, I raised my eyebrow and gave her a quick hug feeling that she was a little thicker around the waist than before.

“Are you pregnant?” I asked not bothering to bullshit. Sloane looked at me warily before opening the door wider, I walked through the door into the house and noticed some items in it that obviously belonged to Andrew.

“Is that a fat joke?” She said smiling meekly, I just looked at her again and narrowed my eyes slightly and she chuckled. “Yes I am preggo in my eggo”. She said looking down at her hands.

I could see tears glistening in her eyes and I walked over to her enveloping her easily in a hug. “Why didn’t you tell me?” i chastised softly, Sloane was my sister, the other half of me. The thought of her being unable to share this bombshell with me for whatever reason made me feel like I had let her down.

She pulled away and looked up at me frowning “are you serious Tess? You just got out of a coma after nearly being raped and then went onto be named as the heir to one of the biggest fortunes in the country. You have enough on your plate”. She said shrugging.

I punched her lightly on the arm; “if you saw it like that it sounds like a bad soap opera” I said with an easy grin, that Sloane quickly returned. “So how far along are you?” i asked, my hand itching to rub her belly.

Sloane bet me to it and gave an affectionate pat to her still flat tummy. “A little over two months, the reason the dress wouldn’t close yesterday was due to the excess water my body retains”. She said sounding like she quoted the last part off a pregnancy book.

“So it’s Andrews?” I asked gently.

“Im not that much of a slut, that I can’t remember or figure out who is the father of my baby”. She screamed angrily making me jump. F*cking hell, pre-pregnancy Sloane was bad enough, but she will be like a nuclear missile with those mood swings.

“Chill. I was just asking”. I said with a smile.

She looked at me, her lips quivering and her eyes filling with tears. She looked so different from normal in her pyjamas, her long black hair pulled up into a bun and her face free of make-up.