The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 16

hey guys :) so this one is a long one, and i dare you to say its short :D

so i actually left the party early last night to come home and write, so i MUST love you guys :P

i tried to say thank you to every fan i had and ended up doing it for hours so it was either carry on thanking people or write :D so i chose writing :D

so if you guys have checked out my facebook, i am planning on doing a betrbroadcast to answer any questions you might have for me, so please if you do leave a comment on my profile and i will answer it in my answering session and if you guys are on facebook you can ask me through there :) 

and i will tone down my accent a little so i dont sound like a leprechaun :) soo i hope you enjoy this and dont forget to vote if you did :D 

I lay in bed that night staring up at the ceiling, Jamie hadn’t made any moves to contact me again directly which kind of made things worse. I mean I know deep down Jamie wasn’t the kind of guy to go around kissing girls he quite obviously hated but seeing him and Penelope had cut me deep.

This whole staying away from him thing was hard, really hard. There was a bouquet of roses waiting for me when I got home that made me explode into tears again. My dad was now tiptoeing around me afraid that the dreadful female hormones would strike again and that I would once again use him as a giant Kleenex.

Sighing I rolled over so I was on my side. How did I get into this mess, I mean there wasn’t a lot standing in the way of me and Jamie now that I had noble blood, but the things that were the way were colossal things. My dad could lose his job or I could be sent away from my home again, except this time for good and especially since I met Jamie while working as a maid we would both be ridiculed, bye normal life and hello being known as the king’s mistress aka not good enough to be queen.

I mean a month and a half ago I was wondering would I ever get over the pain of Liam dumping me and hooking up with Celia so quickly, the humiliation was too great then I could only imagine what it would be like if it was somebody as big as Jamie with prying eyes everywhere.

I was too lost in my thoughts that I barely realised that there was somebody singing at my window until flapjacks joined in howling somewhere in the distance. I got off my bed and trudged over to my bedroom window opening it as wide as it would go.

I looked down at Jamie who was standing below it a bottle of brandy in his hand and singing to me while trying and failing to throw stones at my bedroom window.

“I just want to see you 
When you're all alone 
I just want to catch you if I can 
I just want to be there 
When the morning light explodes 
On your face it radiates 
I can't escape 
I love you 'till the end”

Jamie sang, surprisingly in tune considering I could get the smell of alcohol off him in my bedroom on the second floor.

“Jamie what are you doing?” I asked him, in a defeated voice, I could feel the wall I had built up to keep him away from my heart crumbling down.

“Tessie! Do you not like the Pogues?” He asked frowning and taking a swig out of his now depleted bottle and started singing “you were always on my mind...-“.

“No I didn’t mean I don’t like the song you were singing, I mean why are you singing outside my bedroom window at-“. I looked in at my alarm clock cursing loudly when I saw the time “at quarter past four”. I said trying to keep my voice harsh and strong but it was softening at an exceeding pace.