The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 29

ok guys so this upload was super quick for two reasons....a. because im not sure when the next chapter is going to be and b. becasue people are going CRAZY about this whole jasper thing.... 

ok so there are a couple of words in this that people might not get as its english and irish slang :D

rounders= kind of like baseball 

penny for them?= a saying basically means whats on your mind :)

that is all my dears, i hope you wont go too crazy when you read this, and if you are going to comment can you make sure its constructive critcism and not just criticism for the sake of it because you dont agree with what i have done, because rememeber i am a person :)

but to all those of you that wrote those lovely hearwarming comments on the last chapter thank you so much...

and i will leave you with a heart warming joke just to warm you guys up.

this ones for erica : whos studying to be a nurse :)

a nurse who is exhausted by her 20 hour shift at the hosptial has to drop by a bank, her cashier asks her to sign on the dotted line, exhaustedly she pulls out her pen and begins to write. five minutes pass until she realises that she isnt actually writing. she holds her pen up to the light and sees that it is in fact a rectal thermometer, she throws it down on the table and looks at the cashier. 

"oh thats just f*cking great....some aresholes got my pen"

thanks erica for editing my stuff...you rock :D <check out her stuff, it is unbelieveable 

“Just smile”. Sophia said to me as the car approached the big orphanage, I smiled hesitantly wishing that Jamie had noticed my nervousness, but unfortunately all he noticed lately was work, it had been three days since the ball and I had only seen him once, for a five minutes before he went back to talking about politics. Something wasn’t right with him, I had often come to visit him in the last three weeks and he would be sitting down in the dark drinking whiskey, I sensed that it had something to do with him being the heir to the throne, as it had come up in conversation a lot more than necessary in the past week making me wonder if he knew something I didn’t and he just wasn’t telling me.

The car pulled up in the driveway and I got out of the car slowly, not wanting to flash my underwear, not that it would be possible in the long assed suit skirt I had to wear to give off an image of “propriety” aka boring clothes. The flash of cameras struck me instantly blinding me slightly, like they had been doing since the ball, there had been the paparazzi following me everywhere; I hadn’t escaped their notice for a day.

We walked into the hall, a group of children waiting patiently for the queen, Jamie and I to arrive. I smiled warmly at the children and watched as one of the eldest handed the queen a bouquet of flowers.

I watched as the queen thanked the children and their teacher and head towards the office where they would talk and do boring adult things, they let the children go outside; they were free to play outside, while I wished I was too.

“Are you coming?” Jamie asked looking at me, he looked exhausted, the grey suit he was wearing only seemed to highlight the dark circles under his eyes, and his golden hair was no longer so shiny.

I looked out of the window, musing about what I was going to do, I watched as the children picked teams and split into two, one group standing in a loose circle while the other team picked up a bat. I smiled as I realized that they were playing rounders.