The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 31

hey guys :D its me again, your mama UMBRIDGE- its a very potter sequel, look it up, its hi-larious.

but anywhos, i see alot of people thought that i was going to duck out of this story but i have to say, it may take me a while and everything but im not giving up on this story, especially as it may have been the main contributing factor for me failing at least one of my exams (well i havent gotten the results back- but if i did, i blame you)

but anywhos i leave you with this chapter and one of my favourite songs.

enjoy :D

The noise of beeping car horns through the window woke me up with a start, i sat straight and upright my hair falling in a curtain around me and Peaches going through my suitcase gasping monumentally when she came to an important designer item. I looked at her through bleary eyes.

“What are you doing?” I asked in a voice thick with sleep, i looked at the clock on my left and had to stop myself from groaning with politeness.

She looked up at me, her dark pink hair ruffled with sleep showing off her fabulous cheekbones. “Oh sorry to wake you kid, im still on American time”. She said with a wide smile, showing off fantastic dentistry. Turning back to my clothes she let out a squeal of glee when she found my pale purple dress from my birthday. Jumping up she held it up against herself admiring it in the full length mirror. “Dude this is f*cking gorgeous” she said whirling around in a circle.

“Thanks, it was for my birthday”. I said giving her a little smile ignoring the shot through my heart. She threw it on her bed when she saw my Prada shoe boots on top of the circle. Jumping down to her normal spot on the floor and continuing to rummage.

“So roomie we need to talk”. She said clearing her throat and handing me a hot cup of coffee she must have gotten this morning, i took it appreciatively sniffing in the glorious sent of caffeine.

I looked up at her as i took a gulp savouring the golden liquid. “About what?” I asked in a dull voice.

Peaches shot me a withering look as she rummaged around on the mess on the floor before pulling out a magazine and holding it up on a page for me to see. I froze as i saw a picture of me looking at the camera a small smile on my face. I looked at Peaches; she was looking at me with a grin.

“Honey you may fool some of the people here but you forget, the only people who love the English royalty more than the English are the Americans. My grandma has a t-shirt of Queen Sophia and a plate with the king’s face on it”. She said with a snort, she looked at me and assessed my still frozen face. “I mean, half the people in this school are American. So I’ve come to a conclusion” she said smiling widely at me.

I groaned expecting the words financial gain to come out of her mouth, as if reading my thoughts she laughed “no silly, i want to help keep you inconspicuous. I mean you look exactly the same as you do here” she said pointing at the photograph. “So i was thinking that I give you a make-over”. She finished with a smug smile, looking entirely too pleased with herself.

“A makeover?” I spluttered dribbling the delicious coffee onto my pale yellow duvet making it look like i had an unfortunate accident. “What’s wrong with the way i look?” I asked nervously looking in the mirror opposite my bed. Unfortunately my broken heart appeared on my face, i had huge circles under my eyes and my hair was as messy as a birds nest, not exactly the image i was trying to put across.