Chapter 12

With every brush of our lips, with every tangle of our tongues, my skin fizzled. It reminded me of the time that Dad and I had put up the Christmas tree, using lights which were older than he was. A minor electrical fault had run through the current of the lights, hitting us both with mini shocks.

Kissing Jamie was like that.

Eventually, Jamie pulled away, kissing me gently on the nose, his two strong hands sweeping my cheekbones gently.

'I have wanted to do that for a ridiculously long time.' He said, with a small smile, which hiked his cheekbones, highlighting his dimpled cheeks, fabulous jaw line and white even teeth. Behind the white mask, his eyes sparkled. My breath caught in my throat.

'Pervert.' I said, with a mock gasp, but my smile tore through my act. 'How long?' I asked, trying to remember if he had ever made his feelings truly known before my recent return.

'I have wanted to kiss you, Therese Violet Meredith Harrington, for as long as I can remember.' I opened my mouth to argue, and Jamie pushed one of his long, elegant fingers over my mouth, keeping my lips closed, 'Yes, even when you had that haircut which was like a long mullet, and wore three inches of leaking eyeliner.'

I huffed, the worst thing about being deep in lust with your best friend, is that he knew everything I was about to say. In response, I stuck out my tongue, giggling wildly as Jamie stuck his tongue out and tickled mine with the tip of his.

'Come on.' He said. Grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers, Jamie pulled me toward the exit to the balcony. When the cool May air hit our sweating and overheated bodies, I took the lead, guiding him past the bushes and hidden fence into Sloane's private bedroom balcony.

Seeing the empty plush space, decorated with a cushioned outdoor couch, Jamie flung himself, in very un-prince-like manner, down heavily, dragging me town with him, until I settled on his lap. Our bodies were closely pressed together, my legs flung sideways over his, my shoulder pressed up against his chest and my bare back open to the pleasantly warm wind passing by the penthouse. I shivered as Jamie, still slumped down underneath me, his tie removed and the top buttons of his crisp white shirt were opened, revealing the golden colour of his skin. Watching me with wicked eyes, he traced figures up and down my bare back, the sensitive movement of his hand making me both relax and become aroused.

Pinching my chin gently between his callused fingers, Jamie turned my face to meet his, brushing his lips across mine gently, once, twice, three times, before settling in and letting his tip flick into my mouth. I burned everywhere.

Not thinking about crowds, or how the dashing masked man with the hard muscular body was a crown prince and future king, I tugged up the bottom of my gown as the kiss intensified, turning so that I could essentially straddle him.

'You are so hot.' Jamie whispered between kisses, groaning as I pushed harder against his body. The hardness of my nipples brushed against the soft cool silk of my gown, and desire for him became overwhelming.

Jamie trailed his kisses from my neck, down the arch of my pulse point and to gently trail kisses along my collarbone. I gripped what was left of his once flopping hair, as each kiss blazed across my skin. I squirmed on his lap, moving my hips in a way that each time I moved forward on my spot, the hardening spot in Jamie's trousers, brushed against a sweet spot that made me pant.

I murmured his name, moving my hips again and kissing him deeply, crossing my arms around the back of his neck. I wasn't going to let him slip away from me. Realising that despite things heating up to a dazzlingly erotic height, I remembered where we were, and I cooled down, pulling my face back from Jamie's and looking into his eyes.