The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 28

ok guys, heres the deal....i can only upload every weekend for another 3 weeks or so....i know that some of you might not like it but unfortunatly, there isnt a lot i can do about it, i mean if i could spend all day writing i would, but i cant......so thank you to every one who was patient with me and this chapter and to those who werent, thats life...

so now that i have got my little rant out of the way i just have to say at the end of this chapter the song in the box to the right has to be played just so you can get a feel for it :D 

and this chapter is dedicated to Sil3nt_Stalk3r for being such a good pal and for cheering me up :D 

Tess’s P.O.V

“Sit up straight”. The hairstylist Marcel ordered flamboyantly. I rolled my eyes and sat up so straight that you could put a measure it with a ruler and with a levelling stick.

“Tilt your head forward”. He snapped making my hand itch to pick up his scissors and imbed them in his leg.

Instead I just sent an infuriated glance towards Sloane who was sitting down the other side of the room getting her toenails painted while eating peanut butter with carrot stick, disgusting I know but it seems that as she had passed the 10 week mark in her pregnancy she was desiring the most revolting food ever. Apparently she made Andrew drive to the shop and buy her gherkins which she then dipped in peanut butter.

“That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen you eat”. I said wrinkling my nose, she had been switching between vegetables to dip into her peanut butter all day and carrot was the latest ingredient.

“Not true”. She said pointing at me with the carrot stick. “You saw me French kiss Liam’s ugly ass friend in that game of spin the bottle once”. She said thinking back and shuddering making me laugh, it was true, he really was one of the ugliest assholes I had ever seen in my nearly nineteen years. She had tagged along to a fateful game of spin the bottle with me so I could see Liam when I was pining after him, safe to say she still hasn’t forgiven me for it yet. “So you nervous yet?” She asked with a devilish grin knowing full well that I had been close to throwing up this morning because of nerves.

I rolled my eyes at her and must have moved my head because Marcel tutted loudly making Sloane shoot him the ‘death stare’ “oi, mardy arse lay off”. She snapped and he sighed but was gentler with my hair. I shot her a thankful smile and went back to my reading. Sloane grinned back happily and swapped her carrots for parsnips and opened a new jar of peanut butter making me shudder with disgust.

 In two hours I was going to be announced into society, gone are going to be the days where I could go to the supermarket in my tracksuit bottoms and uggs, instead it was going to be ball gowns and society functions.

I closed my eyes and let the makeup artist apply eye shadow and false eye lashes the best I could but my concentration was shattered by a deep and obviously male voice radiating up the corridor into my rooms.

“Ro you look simply ravishing”. I heard from the bottom of the stairs making me instantly hyperventilate. I looked over at Sloane who was looking back at me, her eyes wide and startled.

“What the hell is he doing here?” I hissed leaning forward cutting off marcel's reach from my hair and making him tut loudly. “Just back off” I said over my shoulder, not in the mood for his catty bullshit.