Chapter 68: Ice Cream Date

Getting to the Dairy Queen about ten minutes later, they are at a table enjoying the ice cream on the hot Florida day. Addison is eating her ice cream and minding her own business.

           "So you decide anymore on baby names?" Chris inquiries.

          "I don't want to decide before the baby got here, but I can't help but think of them," Kendall says playing with the spoon. "I wanted to enjoy being pregnant, but I just can't wait for him to get here."

         "What are your names? Maybe I can help you decide."

          "I was thinking of Logan, Joshua, Aiden or Ashlon."

          "I like Logan," Chris smiles, taking another bite.

          "Are you just saying that because it was the first on my list?" Kendall smirks, wiping a bit of ice cream off his lip.

          "No, I really like it. Middle name?"

          "I'm stuck when it comes to middle names. What do you think?"

          "Hmm," Chris thinks. "What's her middle name again?" nodding to Addison.

          "Rose," Kendall smiles, looking over at her daughter, chocolate all over her face. "Great choice Chris. I have a feeling I should probably make you bath her tonight."

          "How about Logan James?"

          "I love it, very classic old-time name."

         "So um Sierra and I are no longer a thing."

          "You ended it with her? Today?"

          "No, a couple of days ago."

          "I was kind of wondering if you changed your mind."

          "No, I just kinda stayed to myself to make sure I did the right thing, and I believe I did."

          "I've wanted to talk to you about that," Kendall says softly, glancing over at Addison. "Chris, I completely understand if this is too much. It's hard enough just being a couple, never mind taking on a kid, well two kids. I love you and always will, but it's a lot, and I'll understand."

           Chris nods his head, looking over at messy Addison. "You are a mess sweetheart," Chris says. Kendall wiping her down a bit.

          "Are you ready to go home?" Kendall asks Addison.

          "I'm getting sleepy," Addison yawns.

          "Well let's go," Chris smiles, walking back to the car.

          "I have to go get her a bath and into bed but do you want to stay around?" Kendall asks as they walk into her house.

          "Sure," Chris winks.

          "Say goodnight to Chris Addison."

          "Night Chris," she smiles, hugging him tight before reaching for her mom.

          "Goodnight cutie," Chris smiles sitting on the couch, pulling out his phone waiting.

          A little bit later, Kendall comes back downstairs, seeing Chris still in the living room. "I'm surprised you're still awake. Sorry for taking so long. Addison was asking tons of questions."

          "It's fine, what was she asking about?" Chris asks, sliding his arm behind her on the back of the couch.

          "Tons of things, school tomorrow and you," Kendall laughs. "I think she is obsessed with you."

          Chris smiles kissing her forehead.

          "She wants to know if you can go with her on the first day of school with me. I said you might have to work but to ask you."

          "Yeah sure, that would be great. I wouldn't miss it for the world," Chris smiles, kissing her softly.

          "I feel like you aren't going to have any clients ever anymore because I keep stealing you away. But thank you for coming."

          "The people I see are very flexible," Chris smiles, softly kissing her neck.

          Kendall smiles, tilting her head when she feels his lips, hand tightening on his thigh. A few more pecks from Chris.

          "I don't want to do anything that you're not comfortable with," Chris says softly.

          "Thank you," Kendall nods, sliding her hands on his neck. "This isn't our first time together though," kissing his lips, "you don't have to hold back."