Chapter 67: Happy, Fake Family

They pull up to the school, both not getting out yet. "I'm nervous about her going here with Kelsey's kid being here. Especially if Mason and Addison become friends," Kendall exclaims.

          "Don't psych yourself up too much about it okay?"

          "You're right. It's silly to think that. You ready to go?" Kendall asks looking back at Addison.

          They all get out of the car, making their way inside. When they walk in, they look around taking in the building once again.

          "I think it will be good for her to be here though, especially for her making friends and it would be too much to have her in the house and taking care of the baby too," Kendall says more to herself—making sure she's making the right decision.

          As soon as Addison sees one of the playrooms, she immediately takes off, leaving Kendall and Chris alone.

        "Hello," the director of the preschool greets, shaking both Chris and Kendall's hands.

         "Thank you for accepting Addison. We were so impressed with the school here. I think she is already making herself at home," nodding her head to her daughter.

          "It sure looks like it," she smiles. "Well if you two would come in the office and sign off on the final forms and tuition we will be set. Addison can stay making friends."

          "Sure no problem," Kendall smiles. "I'm going to have the worst time dropping her off here."

          "Come on," Chris smiles kissing her forehead, walking back with the director.

           "I just want to say we like to be ensured our children here have a good home life as well and from the looks of you two I can tell she is in a very loving home," the director smiles sitting down.

          "Thank you," Kendall smiles, trying to hold back a laugh.

          "She's an awesome little girl with an awesome mother so you shouldn't have your hands too full," Chris winks at the director.

         "He is right about Addison. She will give you no problems at all," Kendall says signing off on a couple of the forms and then seeing a couple of parts requiring two signatures. She hands them over to Chris. Chris doesn't think twice as he grabs the pen and signs where it is needed, handing it all back to the director. Kendall hands her a check for the first quarter of tuition.

         "Do you have any questions?"

         "Nothing I can think of," Kendall shakes her head.

          "No ma'am," Chris smiles.

          When they walk out of the office, Addison is in a deep conversation with another fellow preschooler about favorite toys.

          "I don't think she will want to leave," Kendall laughs.

          "I got it," Chris smiles kissing Kendall's temple. He walks over and kneeling in front of her, beginning to talk to her.

           Kendall smiles watching Chris interact with Addison, Addison all smiles and nodding. It always makes her smile seeing them together.

           "Mommy, Chris said we could go get ice cream!" Addison runs over, hugging her legs tight.

          "Oh is that so?" Kendall glancing up at Chris. "I guess we are going to get ice cream then."

          "Hey my parents bribed me with ice cream, and I turned out fine," Chris shrugs walking back over.

          "Yeah, so you think," Kendall nods her head, the trio walking out. "Did you have fun with your new friend Adds?"

          "He's funny," Addison smiles climbing in the car.

          "Well that's good you will have friends when you see them on Monday," Kendall smiles, beginning to drive. "What is mommy going to do without you all day?"

          "Hang out with Chris," Addison shrugs her shoulders.

          "Good idea Addison," Kendall smiles. 

           "I like that idea," Chris smiles, reaching back and tickling her.