Chapter 65: Break Up

Walking into his office about fifteen minutes later, Sierra is sitting on the edge of his desk, holding up lunch. "I guess I should have called earlier. I didn't know if you had plans or not. I wanted to apologize for last night."

          "It's okay. Um, can we talk?"

          "Baby, what's going on?"

          "Where do you see yourself in a few years?"

          "What do you mean? I don't know. I guess continue nursing, maybe go back to school. Married and kids of course when the time is right."

          "Sierra, you're a great girl, you really are, but I'm always going to love Kendall."

          "I asked you this last night. Why didn't you tell me then? Last night you said you wouldn't be with her."

          "Sierra, I can't just turn the feelings off. Kendall and I have a history. We dated, and she got pregnant, and we lost the baby. And then my ex sent me text messages pretending that we were hooking up and stuff to break us up," Chris expressing the painful memory.

          "I wish I could have said I didn't see it coming, but I've always had a feeling."

          "I just don't want to lead you on."

          "Well, you have been for the past couple of months," crossing her arms. "So this is it then?"

          "Are you mad?"

           "Yes, I'm mad. I'm mad that I believed nothing would happen between you two."

          "I'm sorry. I can't turn the feelings off."

          "Did you ever have feelings for me then?" Sierra asks, blinking back tears.

          "Of course Sierra," kissing her forehead. "Friends?" 

          "Yeah sure," grabbing her bag. "Let me know when you're tired of the fake family life."

          Chris smirks as she walks out, the fake family comment a low blow. Running a hand through his hair, he sits on his chair looking around his office. Continuing with his day and keeping himself busy. He makes his way home afterward, stopping to get some Chinese, having a night to himself.