Chapter 17: Pregnancy Talk

Alex and Kendall get up, "I can't leave without saying hi to Chris," Alex smiles. Kendall sighs a little, walking over with him.

          "Hey," Chris smiles, wiping his mouth before shaking Alex's hand.

          They make small talk, Alex asking about dinner and the girls looking at each other from time to time. After talking a little, Alex and Kendall heading out.

         "What are you thinking?" Kelsey asks Chris after Alex and Kendall leave.

          "Nothing."

          "So Melissa," Kelsey's best friend, "just found out she is having a baby today."

          "That's awesome," Chris nods his head, "good for her."

          "It is. We were talking about it at lunch, and it's all just fascinating. We were talking about how fun it would be to be pregnant together."

          Chris chokes on his wine, grabbing a napkin and wiping his mouth, "Kelsey you know I'm not ready for that yet."

          "Why not?" Kelsey asks, surprised by his reaction. "I mean your practice is doing great. We both know the agency is great. We have a house. The only thing that's missing is not being married, but we can look past that."

          "We'll talk about it."