Chapter 37: Scolded By A Friend

For the next few months, Chris has been trying to get a hold of Kendall, getting frustrated almost every single day when she does not return any of his phone calls or texts. While Chris is at work, a four-month pregnant Kendall meets for lunch with one of her longtime best friends.

         "Oh my gosh you look so great," her friend Sarah smiles, hugging her—rubbing her stomach.

          "Thank you so much. It's crazy!" Kendall laughs sitting down—putting her hand on her belly.

          "God I hope I look that good when I get pregnant."

           "Hun you'll look amazing. Trust me, I might look good, but she has been giving me a hard time with the morning sickness."

          "I can't wait for her to be here. So how are you and Chris?"

          "Um well, I haven't talked to him since I told him I was pregnant."

          "Has he been trying or?..."

          "He's been trying to call, but he doesn't want her. I could tell from when I told him. He had just been through everything with Kelsey, and I didn't want to stick this on him," Kendall says.

          "Kendall...seriously? How do you know?"

          "You didn't see his face, Sarah," picking at her food. "If he wanted to see me he knows where I live."

          "You're not making it easy for him either. Who wants to go see somebody when they aren't helpful?" Sarah asks.

           "I know I know. I couldn't take it if he still didn't want to be with us. So, I'm pushing him away," Kendall glances at her.

           "Maybe you should give him a little more of a chance. You know he's a good person."

        "Trust me, Sarah, I know he's a good person. I do miss him so much."

          "Then maybe you should call him."

          "Did he put you up to this?" Kendall smirks. "I will soon," trailing off.

          "No, he didn't," Sarah smiles. "I just think he deserves better then what he is getting."

          "Who knows, maybe he could have moved on by now. I haven't been great. He deserves someone better."

          "Kendall stop pity partying yourself and call that boy."

          "I know I know," she groans. "I will when we leave."