Chapter 34: Good Morning Mom

"Kendall? Honey? Are you home?" Kendall hears, slowly waking up. Groaning a little as she moves into Chris's sleeping form then opening her eyes wide.

         Her mother.

         "Kendall?" she hears again.

          Kendall jumps out of bed and gets dressed fast. "Mom? Hold on I'll be right down," grabbing a pair of shorts and a bra and shirt throwing it on, "mom's here for a visit," Kendall says to Chris kissing him and heading downstairs.

        Chris groans, not understanding her, "mm what?"

         "Um am I interrupting something?" her mother asks, pointing to some of Chris and Kendall's clothes on the kitchen floor.

          Kendall blushes a bit, picking up the clothes and putting them in a pile in a chair, "no not at all. What are you doing here so early?"

         "You know how much my time management sucks," her mom smiles. "Who's here?" eyeing her up.

         "You know I don't mind you coming to visit mom just call," Kendall glances at the clothes. "Chris has been staying with me. I guess I have a lot to tell you, but we are together now," Kendall confesses, turning on the coffee machine.

        "What? When? What happened to him and Corrine or whatever the hell her name is?"

         "Kelsey mom. Her name is Kelsey," she laughs. "Her new baby wasn't his," her mom's jaw drops. "We have kind of been seeing each other before, but as of last night we are officially together."

         "The baby wasn't his? How could he have known that?"

         "Well the guy she hooked up with was African American, you do the math," pouring her mother a mug of coffee. "So Kelsey is living at his place with the baby stuff for a little bit, and he is staying with me until she gets out."

          "I haven't seen him in over a year," her mom smiles.

          "Well, I'm sure you'll see him around a lot more," glancing up at the stairs.

       "But he's been having an affair with you?"

        "I wouldn't call it that. We were only together a couple of times before they broke up."

        "Can he really be mad at her though for cheating when he technically was doing the same thing with you?"

       "It crossed his mind," Kendall shrugs her shoulders, "yet she did it first because the first time Chris and I hooked up she was already pregnant. Mom you can't deny Chris, and I have always had something ever since we were kids."

        "Oh no doubt in my mind honey but still. Just make sure you guys didn't just jump into it?"

        "Jump into what? A relationship?"

         "Yes," nodding her head.

         "I asked him if he was sure of it. Mom, he said he was," Kendall sighs. "I think we will be just fine."

          Her mom continues to lecture her about them and advising to be careful, but expressing how happy she is for her daughter and Chris. Kendall hears the bottom step squeak, her mom and her both turning to see Chris at the bottom step, just in his boxer briefs. Her mom gasps.

        "Chris," Kendall smirks a little, "I told you my mom was here," Kendall blushes.

        Chris's eyes go wide, "I'll be right back," taking the steps two at a time.