Chapter 36: Unexpected Confession

For the next few weeks Chris has been rooming up with Kendall, Kelsey finally getting all her belongings and Mason's moving in with Malik. Chris not having been back to his house in a while.

          After picking Kendall up from her place so they can go back to Chris's to hang out, it is the first time Kendall's ever seen his home. Driving, hands intertwined with Kendall's and in her lap wearing his Oakley's and hat, he makes his way to the house.

          "You look so badass when you drive all serious and have the sunglasses and hat on," Kendall teases running a hand through her hair. "Think she left anything?"

          Turning his hat backward, looking at Kendall, "I told her to take everything."

          "Does this mean you are letting me redecorate your house?" Kendall says playfully.

          "If you would like too," shrugging his shoulders.

          "I might have some good ideas up my sleeve," Kendall winks. "I can't believe you had this place all this time and I've never seen it," she says just as Chris pulls into the driveway.

          Chris smiles, shutting the car off and getting out. Kendall follows suit. He unlocks the door, as they walk into the big foyer with an open living and open kitchen, Chris noticing everything seems to be in place.  

          "Wow Chris this place is beautiful," Kendall exclaims, following Chris to the kitchen.  

          "Thank you," he smiles, retrieving water from the fridge, "you want something to drink?"

          "Sure," Kendall nods walking past the dining room table and seeing a note in Kelsey's handwriting. "I really am sorry," the note says. "How many times does this girl have to apologize?"

          "I have no idea," Chris sighs taking the note. He then crumples it up and tossing it in the trash can.

          "All I see in this place is you and her," Kendall sighs leaning against the counter. "I know you wish the baby was still yours, but if it was would you still be with her?"

          "I don't think so," Chris shakes his head pulling himself up on the counter across from the Kendall.

          "So you just wanted a baby then?" Kendall asks watching him. "I just kind of want to know if you still love her Chris and be honest with me."

          "No, I don't just want a baby. I genuinely do care about her, and I saw myself marrying her one day eventually. I'm always going to love her Kendall."

          Kendall's jaw clenches, "then why didn't you just take her back?" she asks blinking back tears.

           "I don't want her Kendall. I want you."

          "You just said two different things, Chris!" Kendall says through a raised voice. "It's like me saying I still want Alex, but you'll do."

          "Really right now? What do I have to do to show you right now that I want this?" Chris clenching his jaw also.

          "Nothing Chris," Kendall shakes her head clearly annoyed. "I don't want you to prove anything. You had everything with her, you wanted to marry her, you wanted kids with her—you would have never left her. I just don't feel like you want the same with me."

          "Why are you acting like this?"

          "It's a fair question Chris," Kendall crosses her arms. "This has been eating away at me for weeks."