Chapter 55: Vacation Cancelled

Later that evening, the pair are getting ready to grab dinner as Kendall changes into a sundress, laying back on the bed waiting for Chris.

           He walks out of the bathroom wearing cargo shorts, a tank top and his tennis shoes as he pulls his hat on. "You ready to go?" Chris asks, the sun draining the both of them.

          "No I'm tired," Kendall laughs, standing up from the bed.

           "Then why don't we stay in and I'll call us in an order and go get it? We can stay in here?" leaning in and kissing her.

          "I like that idea, but we also should explore the place babe."

          "It's fine. We are here for a week and a half, we'll have plenty of time," winking at her.

          "I think today was much needed," Kendall smiles.

          "After we eat, we'll take a bath, and I'll rub some aloe lotion on your body," Chris winks.

          "Sounds perfect. I'm going to regret not wearing sunscreen. You're a horrible boyfriend because you should have reminded me."

          "Um I'm an excellent boyfriend, I don't know what the hell you are talking about," he winks.

          "Okay yes you are most of the time. I shouldn't have wasted my time getting all cute for you if we are staying in," Kendall laughs, putting her hair up. Chris's phone dings. "Who's texting you on vacation?"

           "I have no idea," Chris smiles pulling out his phone. He doesn't recognize the number, opening the message. Malik.

           "Well tell them you aren't going to be in contact with anyone for a week. It's our time," Kendall smiles, kissing his shoulder.

           "It's Malik," Chris says confused.

           "Malik? Like Kelsey's Malik? Why is he even texting you?" Kendall demands, taking the phone from Chris.

          "Yeah Kelsey's Malik."

           "What does he mean he wants you to stop contacting Kelsey before he tells me? Have you been talking to Kelsey?"

           "What? No," Chris shakes his head. "I have not talked to her," taking the phone from her.

           "Not according to Malik," Kendall says snatching the phone back from his hand. "Chris I know you were talking to her a couple of times after losing the baby. No more than that?" Kendall asks, texting him back. "Malik this is Kendall, I don't want you or Kelsey messaging Chris again. You both need to move on," handing the phone back to him—searching for an explanation.

           "When you confronted her that was the last time I talked to her."

           "Okay I'm just making sure," nodding her head. "They are both crazy," Kendall says as Chris's phone buzzes in her hand. Malik sending snapshots of texts from Kelsey's phone of texts talking about how much Chris misses her, meeting up, wanting to see her and needing her. Also, how he needs to get out of the house and Kendall driving him crazy. "Chris really?" Kendall tears up, pushing the phone into his chest and walking out to the balcony.

           "Wait what?" Chris says softly as Kendall pushes past him. He looks at the snapshots, "Kendall I didn't send these!" following her out to the balcony.

           "What do you mean Chris? Your name is on top of every message. I can't believe you said that about me," wiping her face. "I just lost our baby, how do you expect me to act? Like nothing happened? All my dreams of us were lost in one night."