Chapter 35: Talk With Shirley

Sitting in his office a few hours later, finishing up some paperwork before his 3:30 appointment with the ever so wonderful Shirley, one of his favorite clients. He looks at his watch, two minutes till as he gets up and heads to the lobby, Shirley waiting.

         "Good afternoon Shirley," Chris winks. "Come on back."

           "Hello Dr. Hamilton," she smiles.

          "I told you to call me Chris," he smiles as they walk back to the activity room. "How have you been Shirley? You've been doing the exercises?"

          "I've been trying to keep up. I don't know if I want to get better. I enjoy seeing you too much," Shirley teases.

           "Well as much as I love having you Shirley you do need to get better."

           "I just might have to come by and visit for fun then," she laughs. "You look different, happier."

          "Really?" Chris smiles, "well you remember me talking about Kendall, right?"

          Shirley nods, "That girl I met not too long ago with the coffee?"

          "Yes, uh we are dating now," writing in her folder.

        "I thought you were with her? Either way, I'm happy for you Chris, you can see the difference."

         "No um, I was with this girl named Kelsey, and I told you she was pregnant last visit. Well, she had the baby and come to find out it's not mine," Chris looks at her.

          "Oh, my...no I can't believe it. Chris honey I'm so sorry. Hopefully, it only goes up from here hmm?"

           "I like to think so," Chris smiles. "Kendall's great. I mean she's amazing. She always knows what to say. She's beautiful, really caring and I'm a dummy for not seeing it sooner."

          "Things work out when they are meant to work out. She's a lucky girl to have you," Shirley smiles.