Chapter 63: Truth Revealed

The next morning, late as usual Kendall finally gets Addison all together and herself before heading to Chris's office. 

          "Sorry we're late," Kendall apologizes walking in.

          "It's no big deal," Chris smiles, pushing his chair away from his desk. "Hey beautiful," winking at Kendall as Addison climbs in his lap—hugging him. "You ready for preschool?"

          Addison shrugs, "I don't know. I will miss mommy and you."

          "She thinks she isn't coming home again," Kendall smiles, arms crossed.

         "Come on," Chris laughs and stands up, setting Addison down on the floor.

          "We are going to be late," Kendall sighs.

          "And whose fault is that?" Chris smirks.

          "Shut up," Kendall laughs.

          "Mommy don't say that."

          Chris smiles, "yeah mom," sticking his tongue out.

          Arriving at the preschool they walk in, Chris carrying Addison and Kendall walking beside him. Once inside, the director of the preschool comes to meet them, giving the pair a lengthy presentation about the school and giving a tour.

          "So your wife seems pretty set on us, what do you think dad?" the director asks Chris.

          "Oh no, he's not..." Kendall begins to say.

          "I like it," Chris cuts her off. He sneaks a wink at Kendall before looking away. "We would love to be a part of this school."

          "Thank you," Kendall mouths. The director of the preschool smiles, very pleased she walks away to retrieve the application forms.

         "Chris...Kendall?"

         The pair turn, Kelsey.

          "Um hey," Chris says, still holding Addison. Kendall's heart drops.

         "What are you both doing here?" Kelsey asks. "Guess you both didn't stay apart long," she frowns.

         "Kelsey stop it," Malik sighs.

          "She's not mine Kelsey," referring to Addison, "just helping out."

          "Is that one his?" Kelsey nods to Kendall's pregnant belly.

          "No, it's not," Kendall glares.

          "Really Kels? Give her a break and don't do this shit here," Chris says softly as the preschool director comes over and hands Kendall the forms and thanking her. Kendall handing over a check as a place holding fee. She nods at Chris and walks away.

          Kendall reaches over and takes Addison out of Chris's arms, "Don't worry Kelsey I'm not with him. Ever since Malik's texts about you two together I've learned my lesson. I just don't understand why you can't let anyone be happy," Kendall exclaims, heading to the doors.

          "Why? When are you both gonna tell her that those text messages are not true?" Chris asks sternly, but quiet.

          "You've let this go on long enough Kelsey you need to stop this," Malik says, clearly pissed at Kelsey as he turns to go get their son.

          "What the hell is he talking about?" Chris demands.

         "Nothing at all," shaking her head, clearly mad Malik brought it up.

         "You better tell her you faked those messages. You screwed up my life you understand that, right?"

          "Well you screwed up mine, and I'm not telling her anything."

          "You're telling her now," Malik says.

           "How the hell did I screw up yours? You cheated on me," not looking at Malik, "but for once I actually agree with the man, you're telling her."

          "You never loved me in the first place," Kelsey says walking out of the school. Malik and Chris follow.

          "Chris can we please just go?" Kendall asks as Addison squirms in her arms.

          "I think you need to hear this," Chris informs Kendall, taking Addison from her. Malik pulling Kelsey over.

          "So what is this thing you have to tell me?" Kendall asks the woman she despises.

          "Tell her," Chris says sternly.

          "Those texts weren't real," Kelsey says quietly.

          "What texts? You mean the texts right after we lost our baby?" Kendall questions. "The texts that ruined Chris and I's relationship?"

          Kelsey nods, "clearly you both are still friends. We didn't hook up. He was right. I talked to him once but the other times were false."

          Kendall's heart drops, tears coming down her cheeks but trying to stay calm in front of sleepy Addison and Mason. "Why would you do that? I believed you. You caused me to break up with the only man I've ever loved. You ruined it all."

          "Come on," Chris says softly, grabbing Kendall's arm trying to lead her away.

          "How could you do that? How could you be so horrible?" Kendall demands before beginning to walk away with Chris.

          "I wanted you to hurt as bad as I did," Kelsey says.

          "Well, you got it," getting in the car.

          "I hope you're proud of yourself," Chris sighs as he gets in the car, taking Addison and Kendall home.