21

I groaned as I woke up with a banging headache, with my phone vibrating and ringing very loudly beside me. I groaned even further and picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Mmm?"

"Did you get home alright?" Kemi's breezy voice said in my ear.

"Mmm."

"Violet?"

"Mmm?"

"I'm coming over yours later, we'll talk then."

"Thank you." I finally spoke, grateful that Kemi understood that I wasn't in the mood.

"No problem, bye lovely."

I ended the call and laid face down on my bed, yesterday's events circulating around my head.
How could I have been so dumb? I gave Denzel the upper hand by keeping quiet on this whole love affair with him and Seraphina, and boy, have I been mute. Changing my attitude for the better doesn't mean I can't retaliate, right?
Tumbling out of bed, I grabbed my towel and padded towards the bathroom, smiling as an idea crept into my head.

The door bell rang as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, I carefully ran down the stairs so I wouldn't fall and opened the door for Kemi.
She stood in the doorway, speedily tapping away on her phone, and I screwed the life out of here as if she could even see me.

"Do you actually mind? It's cold you know, like my skin won't fall off now now." I muttered.

"Where's mum?" She asked as she put her phone away, walking past me and slipping off her converses.

That's how close Kemi and I were. I never lied when I said this girl is my sister. Her mum looks at me as if I'm her own, and vice versa. We were more or less family. Kemi was even at my christening.

"Working, early shift today."

She nodded and followed me upstairs into my room; dropping onto the floor, her legs sprawled out as she faced the ceiling. I stepped over her and laid face up on my bed, my towel still tightly wrapped around me.

"So. What's the gist? Spill the tea, bitch."

"Kemi, everything's long. I can't lie." I sighed.

She shifted her head towards my direction and raised an eyebrow.

"You're letting everything tire you out, family."

"It's not even that. It's like rah, like, he actually went to fight Hakeem. And who did he call after he got knocked out?"

"Please, don't tell me he called her." Kemi whined.

"Can you imagine, Kay? Nah, I actually must be a cup."

"Pause, man had the audacity to call up Seraphina, not even you? Is he licked?" Kemi questioned, screwing the ceiling.

"Maybe I'm missing something. I must be egg, Kemi. Eyin."

"How are you letting this guy still walk the roads? How are you actually keeping so composed?" She asked.

I shrugged. Never in a million years did I think I'd be in this predicament, never. I thought I didn't fall under the bracket of girls that get cheated on. But it doesn't hurt me as it should. If this ever did happen to me, everyone must die. No evidence, get caught lacking you die, no face no case. But I don't even feel that way, I'm not hurt, it's not paining me that much. And I don't know why.

"Ethan." Kemi mentioned.

"Huh?"

"Ethan. I think how you're so composed now, is because of Ethan." She stated matter of factly.