5

Year 11 - September 2013

**

"Seraphina, chill." Celine said as we looked at our friend, astonished.

"What do you mean chill?!" She screamed back

"Phina this is the lowest you've stooped." Kemi said, shaking her head.
The words couldn't leave my mouth, for the first time ever, Seraphina had left me speechless.

"I'm sitting here, getting big by the minute, and you can't say anything Vi?"

"Are you joking right now Seraphina? I'M FUCKING SHOCKED AT YOU"

"Don't shout at me Vi, I'm pregnant, not deaf."

**

Present

After 17 years of life, I had just had my first kiss, closely follow by the first ever love bite that appeared on my neck overnight, contrasting against my brown skin.
To be quite honest, I felt sick with myself. I had avoided this predicament for so long, why is college changing everything for me? I sighed inwardly, deep down - really deep down, I knew I enjoyed both situations.

"V, you listening?" Kemi poked me

"Yeah, course Kems."

"Skeen, so what did I just say then?"

"Talking bout how you think Daniel is amazing and how you want to marry him and have his youts. Just in a nutshell." I grinned.

"Witch." She replied, continuing the conversation between me, her and Elena.

Kemi forgot I was great at multitasking, I can be listening - but also be lost in my thoughts at the same time; something that really helped me when my lessons were boring.
We were next door, in Elena's house, in her room. Her mum popper her head round the door, asking if we wanted anything, to which we politely declined.

"Aw, your mums bare sweet." Said Kemi, making Elena roll her eyes.

"She's becoming a bit too over protective though, like mum let me breathe man." We all nodded.

"I guess that's how all mums can be though." I chipped in, to which we nodded again.

"Even my dad too, he travels abroad a lot. I guess they have their reasons, one of them being because of Ethan." My head shot up.
"Ethan?" I questioned

"You think my tempers bad? You haven't seen Ethan." She smirked

"Rah. But he's so nice." Kemi said.

"Mmm. I guess so. Well, since he left the road life."

I spat out my KA.
"Pardon?"

"Ethan used to be such a bad yout, I don't think you understand." Laughed Elena.

"Oh my God. Sweet young Ethan you know." Kemi gasped.

I too was shocked. Ethan? Bad boy, word to Skepta? Nah, you're joking.

"I always knew, he never spoke about it, but I knew. He's my twin, I know what he knows. He started getting closed up, moving all mysterious and enigmatic around year 9 times, so I guess that's when he picked that "yeah blud, I ride for my boys, come bill up the ting with me b" lifestyle." We nodded as she continued

"During year 10, he just started leaving the house late at night, and he wouldn't come back until the next day - late afternoon. Mum and Dad were worried sick, and I was up all night hoping my other half was okay. I know he got up to something bad, so I turned into inspector gadget."