15

December 2013

Ethan

It was around 7 when me and Lena cut from library, cause it was getting darker by the minute outside. Lena fastened up her Nike bomber jacket, and I did so too.

"Everyday fucking copy me innit?" I muttered, cutting my eyes at her.

"Yo, we twins brudda, we twinning. All day, everyday. Twenty four bloooooodclaaaaaart seven." She responded, throwing up gang signs.
I chuckled, as annoying as she was, I loved my twin, man. But today, we seriously looked the same, apart from the fact that she had swapped her usual Kicker boots for low black airforces.

"But skeen, you always wear your 'forces. Why didn't you wear them today?" She asked, walking beside me as we made our way home.

I shrugged in return, looking down at the Kickers on my feet.

"Dunno you know. A change maybe?"
She nodded and continued talking., she knew what I meant by that.

"Are you still doing....you know...?"

"Doing what?" I replied.

"You knowwww..." She responded, bussing imaginary gun shots.

"Nah man. How can you do gun fingers though? You fucking clown." I laughed softly, pushing her in the process, causing her to stumble a bit as we both walked home.
She muttered some insults under her breath before composing herself and joining my side again.

"Shit man. It's cold. Look, like how am I smoking with no weed, no cigs, nada?" She said, blowing o's in the cold.

"You're a comedian." I chuckled before putting up my hood and Elena looked up at me and did the same.

"Chill with the copying, oh my days."

"What man? It's cold. Need some central heating up in this coat, ya get me?" She smirked.

I cut my eyes at her and we continued to walk home, bussing small small conversation.
Before we turned and walked under the bridge, I noticed a car at the end of it. And as I squinted my eyes even further, the number plate set some alarm bells to ring in my head.

One of the many cars that Trickz' mandem used for dirty jobs.

Shit.

When we walked under the bridge, I swapped places with Elena, criss crossing, which made her look at me funny.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket and stood by her even closer as we walked out from under the bridge, my steady heartbeat had changed from calm to resembling the beats in house music. I closed my eyes momentarily to calm myself, heart rate going back to its normal speed as I did so.

Trickz doesn't play fair.

We drew closer to the car, and closer to home. The tinted black window had been rolled down a bit, I noticed as Lena and I bopped, heads hanging low as we bussed a joke. I needed for her to be in good spirits.

We passed the car, but I knew something was up.

And I was right.

2 shots were let off, my body popping as they sounded, I heard Lena scream loudly, and I felt my body weaken as I collapsed to the floor.

I suppressed the smirk that wanted to play across my face. I was glad that Lena didn't dress like how she normally does.

Trickz sent man that can't do the job as good as me. They had one job.