17

To duppy Denzel Baptiste, or not?

That is the question.

I decided to not let Kemi and the rest of the girls know until I knew exactly what was going on between him and Satan in disguise, and what I was going to do.
Zell had been iMessaging me non stop since the other day, when I, and I quote "left his tings rising". I scoffed when I received another message from him, talking about how he "had to take a cold shower".
The Denzel that came back from America wasn't the same Denzel I had grown up with. There were a few things that I looked past when it came to him; like his need to touch me all the time, or to talk to me everyday. I don't even talk to Kemi or Elena everyday, chill a bit bro. Seeing him with Saraslag put everything into perspective for me, but I'd have to confirm everything first before fucking shit up.

I kissed my teeth and shook my head as I waltzed down the corridors in college, making my way to my head of years office so I could give in my letter to change my course. I knocked on her door, and she signalled for me to come inside through the little window beside the door.

"What's good, Miss?" I asked her as I took a seat.

"Violet, I'm very fine thank you. And yourself? Settling in very well from exclusion I hope?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"So how may I help you today?" She asked.

"I want to switch from Law to Government and Politics." I stated.

"You do realise it's a bit too late within the college year to be doing that?" Miss said, frowning slightly.

"If I couldn't change from Graphics to Photography because the classes were full, you should be able to nice me, Miss. I feel rather unhappy in Law." I replied, looking very sad.

"Have you got a letter?" She tutted.

I smiled and unzipped my Nike training bag, reaching for the letter and handing it over to her. She rolled her eyes and took the letter from me.

"You'll get your new timetable in form tomorrow. This must mean no fighting, Violet. I mean it, we're not tolerating violence like we did with your sister. Am I making myself clear?" Miss asked, giving me a stern look.
I smirked and nodded, "Yeah, in a bit Miss." Before leaving her office and headed towards the LRC.

**

Sophia

Seraphina was over at my house, yet again. Telling me about her plans for Violet, which I hardly listened to, nodding when appropriate.

"Are you listening?" She snapped

"Ye-"

"I had to chat about Violet cheating on him with Hakeem..." She continued, I frowned. Violet was definitely not a cheater, and from what I can tell from their interactions, Violet and Hakeem were only friends.

"If you put as much work into breaking relationships as you did into your college work, you would be an A student, you kno-" before I could finish, she slapped me.

I held my face as I stared at her in shock, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"See, look what you made me do to you." She said, smiling at me. I wiped my tears and shifted away from her on my bed.

"Soph, don't be like that."
I watched as she touched my arm softly, trailing a sharp nail up and down.
She pushed back onto the bed roughly, staring down at me with a wicked glint in her small eyes, I always dreaded this the most when Seraphina and I were alone.