25

I pulled off my closure wig and threw it on my bed, letting out a big sigh as I ran my fingers through my cornrows.

I was tired.

I had gone to my 9am lecture for the first time in three months, and was reminded why I don't go in the first place, because it was air. After attending my afternoon lecture, I grabbed some lunch and decided to go to the library to get a start on coursework. I played myself, because all I did was open my MacBook, watch Black Ink Crew as I ate, close my MacBook, and take myself right back home.

I slipped off my Jordan 4s and changed into a white Tshirt and sweat shorts before jumping on to my bed. Pulling out my phone, I went on Snapchat and opened Kemi's story.

"I can't believe people pay 10p for shopping bags you know," her private story started, snapping her face as she walked out of Tesco.

"I say people because I definitely do not be paying a PENNY chile. Why am I paying for something that was free before? You think Harriet Tubman was giving the white man money when she was freeing slaves? TO FREEDOM!"

I made a mental note to tell her to stop listening to Queen Radio.

Next story was Ethan's, the sun hitting his bronze skin at the right angle, making his hazel eyes have a lighter green tint.
Yum.
I saw that he had just got a trim, his shape up was clinically lined and his fade just as smooth. I could literally drown in his waves, Jesus Christ. I kissed my teeth, he was too fine, it almost didn't make sense. But I don't want anything serious, or rather, I was sprinting away from commitment.
After my short lived "relationship" with Denzel, I knew I hated men more than I already did. Because, why are men?
The cheating hurt, I couldn't lie to myself and say it didn't, as tough as I make out to be. I cried once or twice, never a third time - why am I crying over a man? I was annoyed with that situation, you cheated with someone that wasn't even on my level, how on Earth is that worth it? Her hair was even stiff, her concealer was too bright and she always had flashback, didn't he have standards? What a mannerless idiot.
Thinking back, how did I not see it coming? He never left his phone unlocked around me, even though I knew his password, I wouldn't even bother looking through his phone because in my eyes, I had nothing to look for. But if I had asked to do something on it, he'd always tell me "yeah, one sec" even though he wasn't on the phone. The signs were actually in my face, but I aired them.
Honestly, normalise women cheating back. We even now, baby.

**

"V, I know your angle. You can't keep avoiding me you know." He muttered as he billed it for me.

Ethan, Hakeem and I were in Rico's studio accommodation, two floors below mine. We were all lucky enough to live in the same building, so link ups in each other's rooms was inevitable.
Rico and Hakeem were playing Fifa, Ethan was doing some work on his laptop when I had knocked on Rico's door, asking if someone could bill it for me, to which Hakeem replied,
"You're fucking childish."
I rolled my eyes, it wasn't that I couldn't do it, I just wasn't good at it.
Ethan offered and I thanked him with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I answered
"Don't be dumb." He shot me a look that made me cross my legs on the kitchen stool.
I tutted and decided to ignore him. What a prick, why are you on to me?
As if he read my mind, I heard a low chuckle.

"Mind yourself." He passed me back an expertly rolled zoot.
"You wanna hit it?" I asked.
"You know I do." He replied.
My legs looked like a knot less braid.
"Ethan, I mean the zoot."
"I know," he winked "Nah, enjoy that for me though."
I nodded and yelled goodbye to Rico and Hakeem, these man were deaf when they played Fifa, I swear.
I hopped down from the stool and left Rico's room, taking the lift back to my floor. When I got in, I turned on my speakers and connected it to my phone, playing Them vs Us - I Need as I searched for my lighter.
As I was about to light up, there was knocking at my door.

"Oi you didn't even say bye." Hakeem bellowed as I opened it.
"I definitely shouted, deaf old man."
"Oh what, swear?"
I nodded as he kicked off his shoes and sat on my bed. I raised an eyebrow.

"So fuckinggggg, what's going on between you and my man?" He questioned.
I raised both brows now as I joined him on the bed, resting my back against the headboard and inhaling.
"Aye first of all, lemme get that."
"About lemme get that," I mimicked "When I asked for assistance you called me childish."
"Ah man, sorry. I was playing Fifa innit, was saying things I didn't mean."
I rolled my eyes and passed my zoot to him, establishing a puff, puff, pass rotation between the two of us.
"My question, answer it."
"I didn't answer because there's nothing to say. "
"So why you man talking about beating in the kitchen?"
I nearly choked on smoke.
"Are you sick?" I asked, he looked at me and laughed, clutching his chest.
"So you can eavesdrop on that, but you couldn't hear me say bye? You're dumb Hakeem."
"For real though V, you leaving my guy out to dry."
"And what about it?"
Hakeem shook his head and let out a small laugh.
"You kill me."
The music transitioned into SiR - John Redcorn and I sighed.
"I don't know what he wants from me, we don't talk about things like that." I confessed.
"Have you given him the chance to?"
I thought about it. I hadn't been alone with Ethan since first year of university. We were now in second year, my avoidance game brazy. There was always somebody around whenever I was with Ethan, because clearly - I'm not to trusted by myself.
"Even I know the answer to that." Hakeem said  as he exhaled.
"Sorry, Mr. All Knowing."
"You're not as slick as you think you are."
I rolled my eyes, Hakeem was annoying. His phone rang and he picked it up, leaving me with my thoughts for the duration of his call.

Ethan has been confusing to me since the day we met. I understood him more as we grew through college, but he was almost like an enigma to me. I found out most things about him via Elena. I wanted to know more about him, from him.

I also wanted to know what he tasted like.

-

Hey, hold this chapter for a bit x