20

I was sat in Elena's room with her, Kemi, Marian and Celine for a nice chilled day in. Celine had been caught up to speed with Denzel's antics; which made her want to kill him and Seraphina.
We were watching a film on Marian's Netflix, then Hakeem called me.

"Yo, Rogers." I said into the phone.

"Vi, I swear to God, yeah," he shouted as if he was out of breath. I wrinkled my nose at his tone, one I have never heard before. I wrinkled my nose even further when I heard shouting in the background.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"If your man, EVER comes to my crib looking to beef again, wallahi I WILL dun his dance."

I widened my eyes and immediately put my phone on loudspeaker so the others could hear.

"What?"

"Are you listening to the bullshit my man is still spitting?" He questioned.
I heard his footsteps on the other end and the shouting in the background gradually got clearer.

"YOU THINK I DONT KNOW YOURE FUCKING HER?!" Denzel's voice spat, sounding rather hoarse.

"Listen. I one banged you and that made you shut up for half an hour. Big man ting, the next time I touch you, I will dead you off, brudda." Hakeem replied.

"Oh my days." I whispered to myself.

Denzel has really lost it.

"ONE BANG HAKEEM LIVE IN THE FLESH YOU KNOW. JHEEZE, THAT'S MY NIGGA." Celine shouted, throwing up gun fingers.

We all turned around and looked at her as if she was mad.

"What? Don't you remember in year 8 yeah, when one boy gave another boy a serious punch yeah, and knocked donny out for two whole hours?" She asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" Marian questioned back.

"That was Hakeem you know. One Punch K?" Celine answered.

"OH MY DAYS YOU'RE LYING." Kemi shouted.

"Nah, it was actually me." Hakeem said back, Denzel's muffles still being heard.

"I can't believe this." I muttered.

"Can you imagine? A man disturbed me from doing graphics coursework. Fucking dick head." Hakeem said, kissing his teeth. I heard some more shouting and then the phone cut off.

"Vi?" Kemi called.

I didn't answer back. I silently got up and put on my airforces, grateful that I chose to wear a tracksuit today.

"Violet." Celine tried to grab my attention. I walked past her and grabbed my Nike body warmer from Elena's coat hanger behind her door.

"Alright girls, put on your crep." Marian announced, slipping on her socks and ZX Flux.

"What we gonna do?" Asked Elena whilst she put on her 110's.

"Ride out."

**

We got on the bus in silence, listening to our separate music with our headphones in our ears.

I was beyond mad. Beyond livid.

It's one thing to attempt to accuse me of cheating through snide remarks and stupid jokes, but to actually go to Hakeem's house?
To fuck up our newly found friendship?
Are you out of your mind?
Yet you're still with Seraphina?
I started chuckling to myself. Maybe Denzel thinks I sleep on a bicycle.
Maybe I've been too lenient with the way I've been dealing with current situations.
Maybe Seraphina thinks I'm a fucking mug.
Honest to God, I wanted to put an end to my fighting era, completely move past all of the violence. But when people test me like this, how can I stop.
I was pulled out of my thoughts when Mark came on the bus, his brown eyes wandering frantically. Funny how when his cousin is in some sort of predicament, he reappears.