Chapter 14 - Payback's a Bitch

Taryn drifted in and out of consciousness. She was in so much pain... her ankle was on fire. And this damned collar... she couldn't remove it and she couldn't use her telekinesis. She wasn't going to give up, however. She had too much to live for. She was not going to let this son of a bitch take her, or Steve out. No matter what this psycho did to her, she would never give up fighting. Once the transmission had ended, Parks and his henchman had left the room, leaving her to bleed alone. She had to figure out a way out of here, or a way to contact the team. With her ankle shattered, she supposed she wasn't going to be running anywhere any time soon. Taryn closed her eyes and tried to focus. She fell into her breathing exercises and mediation to help her control her pain level. Slowly it began to dissipate enough for her to think more clearly. She weakly lifted her head up and looked around the dark room. There was the camera straight ahead of her. To her left was a wall with a high window. To the right was the door out of this room. Her hands were still tied behind her back and the chair, and she could feel the rope cutting into her wrists. The blood seeping down her hands was making her hands slick which may work to her advantage of being able to get those free. Once she could get her hands free she could untie her legs.... But that ankle... She noticed several old wooden frames in the corner... maybe she could break one of those up to make a splint... Taryn had no idea when Parks and his goons would come back in so she decided to work quickly. Unfortunately she only managed to free one hand before the door opened. Damn it, she thought to herself and she went limp as if she were out cold.

She heard Parks enter the room, speaking to one of his thugs. "...and make sure that you let them in, especially the Captain. I want him to witness his bitch's death up close and personal." He walked over to Taryn and grabbed a handful of hair, pulling her head back. "Wake up, my dear," and he slapped her hard across the face.

Taryn spat blood at him and he hit her again. She could tell that the camera was recording, but was it live? She couldn't be sure. "You won't get your way, you know," she spoke through swollen lips. "He'll take you down and crush you like the bug you are."

He leaned in and punched her in the stomach as hard as possible. "If you keep that up, I won't be able to restrain myself to keep you alive until the Captain arrives."

Taryn couldn't breathe and she spit blood out on to the floor. She choked and nearly vomited. She wanted to keep him talking, hoping he would give away the location or some sort of clue. She remembered an article about him several years ago. "Your wife was about to kill half of Paris with toxin. I say she deserved to die. How could you love someone like that? Oh, wait... you're as mad as she was."

Jackson Parks whipped around with a gun in his hand, pointed straight at her head. "One more word out of you and your brains will be on the back wall."

She grinned with bloody teeth. "Kill me now, and your plan fails. Do you want your plan to fail like your wife's did? Show them where I am, and you'll have your revenge sooner rather than later."

"Why, Agent McKenna, are you ready to die so soon? Pity, you're a lovely thing. But I wouldn't spoil the anticipation. After all, I'm just getting started." And the gun fired.

Searing pain ripped through her shoulder as the bullet passed through and out the back. She screamed in pain and that pain turned into rage. That was it, she was done with this asshole. She ripped her hands out of their bindings, taking more skin off along the way. Her feet were tied loosely and she pried them off the chair in seconds. She still couldn't get the damned collar off, but she took the steel chair and threw it at the henchman one handed, catching him in the temple and he dropped.

Parks looked scared as she approached him, dragging her right leg and the smashed ankle behind her. "You will tell the camera where we are." She carried the rope that had tied her hands, and before he had a chance to aim the gun again she wrapped it around his throat.

No Second Guesses, No Regrets  (A Captain America/Avengers Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें