*.Something Else.*

4-*.Something Else.*

Eight strolled around pretty soon, and Dru had to get ready for this rich people's annual show off party. It was a great way to get out of the house, but the showing off of wealth and success was just too over board. In the eyes of Dru.

"For a vampire you sure as hell know how to dress." She grinned smoothing the wrinkles, dust, and lint off her dress. The outfit described her in two simple yet meaningful words. Modest, and classy.

Dru was no fortune teller but she knew she was top notch compared to most half ass clothed women that would be here.

"Mhm I see you're trying to get laid, you've token my advice huh?" Dru ignoring Meegan smirked. "Ok I'm gonna go hit the beach, since you New Yorkians know nothing of that."

"Sorry Ms. California, we New Yorkians don't need no damn sand and water to be cool."

"Aha bish aren't you in Cali now? Ooo, girl see if you can visit."

"Already on it, I'm going to be there probably tomorrow." Dru responded sending a smirk, causing Meegan to laugh.

With one last reassuring look she said good bye to Meegan and headed off to the party. She was in the limbo, with her parents. Who kept sending each other looks, they unintentionally were making the obvious situation very awkward. "Mom, dad, what's wrong?"

"D-Dru..." Her mother started off. "Honey I know this party is going to be- be very, very enticing." Her father continued.

Dru nodded trying to ignore that pang in her chest, and the lump stuck dead in her throat. "I-I understand, but I need to understand how I'll interact with the environment." Instead of her parents agreeing, they gently bombarded her with rules, and possible consequences.

Once she got there she felt awkward. Although she had attracted the eyes of many, she still didn't find the pair she was looking for. Her parents.

Walking to the vending machine she bought a bottled water and just watched around. As she ate the complimentary lemon the only bitterness from it was the fact she saw that hoe, and her ex dancing. His girlfriend turned her attention to a lonely, dried up Dru who was throwing her own pity party.

"Come on let's go." They made their way over to Dru who was sipping and glancing around. "Kevin come on honey." Dru watched them dance and interact, she watched Julie draped her arms around his neck. Fed up with the fact he was in love with that girl, Dru decided just to leave. Maybe she wasn't over him?

Moving to the a table she sipped her bottled water and just watched around. "Dru..." Her head turned and her smile picked up. "Kevin, hey!" Kevin smirked a bit, still good looking as always. "Listen that phone call... It made me realize, how much I missed you too. Do you think we can talk it out in private?

"Come on let's go." They made their way outside to the pier, and as her arms rested on the wood she looked up at the sky.

"I-I didn't think that you would change your mind after that phone call." Dru admitted.

"Oh umm yeah, me either to be honest, I just really." Dru stopped as his hands touched her arm. "Really knew what we had together was special, and I didn't want to throw it away." Dru began to smile.

Until Kevin pulled out a molly, "what do you say, one for the good old times?" Dru paused, she couldn't go back to her bad habits. With his right arm, Kevin pulled Dru closer and kissed her lips.