Chapter 52

// Sadie //

"Well..." I mumble. "This is awkward."

"Yeah..." Dean sighs before sitting up. He turns to look at me and gives me a soft smile. "What does this mean?" He asks.

"I...Don't know. I don't know...I really do not know." I mumble to myself.

"Did you enjoy last night?" He asks. "Do you regret it?"

"Well it was fun to say the least." I giggle. "But I don't know. I don't exactly regret it but I probably should...Dean I don't wanna get back together with you but I don't wanna lose you either. Needless to say, I'm kind of addicted to you."

"I'm addicted to you too." He smiles. "But...Sadie, I really don't know if I can be just friends with you."

"I'm not saying we have to be just friends..."

"Well if we're not just friends and we're not in a relationship, What are we?" He asks in confusion.

"Well...I like kissing you and cuddling with you and ya know...Having sex with you." I mumble.

"Are you asking me to be friends with benefits?" He asks.

"No!" I whisper yell. "I just...Maybe this is selfish but I'd love to just...Live a little." I groan. "I don't want to put a label on us anymore, It never works. That's whats wrong with people, We label things far too much. Why can't me and you just be together and enjoy each other's company? We could be friends and we could be like a couple we just don't have to be in a specific relationship. Maybe it'd work better if...Maybe if we saw each other but without all the rules. You could talk to other girls and I could talk to other guys and we could just...Be different." I shrug.

"So...Like we'd be with each other but if we were to be with someone else too...It'd be okay?" He asks.

I nod. "Monogamy isn't for everyone you know..." I chuckle. "I just think it'd be best if we didn't have so many rules and regulations. I really, Really don't think I'm made for this whole relationship thing."

"I guess you're right. I don't think I am either. But Sadie, What if this doesn't work out? What if we just want to be with each other and no one else?" He asks. I shrug. "We'll just think about today and we'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. We got a deal?" I ask.

"...We got a deal." He smiles.

******

"Have you lost your mind?" Aymie asks, Tilting her head at me. I sigh. As Aymie's sister and best friend, I feel required to tell her about every aspect of my life. After all the times she's helped me out with my relationship, I feel she has the right to know most of what goes on it. I won't tell her anything too private, But keeping her updated can't hurt.

"No I have not lost my mind." I roll my eyes. "I actually think this is a good idea." I shrug.

"Seriously? Because it sounds like a stupid idea to me. This is something I'd do. This is out of character for you though." She carries on. "Are you aware that you basically just gave him the right to go and bang whatever chick he wants to- Including that snaggle toothed bitch Renee- And you don't even have the right to get upset about it now. You'd be a hypocrite if you said anything about it! This is crazy Sadie, I really think it is. I was expecting a totally different scenario. I thought you'd set some rules and boundaries, Not give him permission to do something stupid!" She lectures.

"Look, I know that right now you're not understanding why I did this, But maybe late you will."

"No, I wanna understand this stupidity, Right now!" She growls. "Please explain why you did this."