Chapter 36

// Sadie //

"And if it at any point you want me to leave I will. I mean I understand. We see each other at work all the time and space is good for a relationship. Not that I want space! Not right now at least! Not that I'm implying that in the future I'll want space! Not that I'm implying that I won't! All I'm trying to say here is-"

"Dean. Quit your babbling baby,We've got plenty of room here in this house. We've got four bedrooms! One is a game room though." I smirk. He raises a brow and nods his head. "Nice." "Thanks. Now why don't we go sit out bags down in my room,Get changed into some comfy clothes,And spend some time relaxing? I know you're probably tired from the flight." I smile. He nods.

I hate that Dean got suspended from his job and I know he hates it too,But at least now we'll get to spend a little bit of time with each other outside of work. Plus,Dean could use a recharge. I don't know when his last real break was. It's good that he'll be able to rest up before getting in the ring again,Though I wish the circumstances were different.

"I know I've already asked a million times,But are you sure you didn't need to go back to Vegas? I know you already don't get a lot of time to be at home-"

"Don't worry. I didn't need to go back home. I'm happy to be here with you."

"I'm happy to be here as well,Thanks for asking." Aymie says sarcastically,Struggling to bring all her bags in. "No thank you I don't need any help." she mutters to herself. I roll my eyes and playfully shove her. "Oh hush. You're just upset you don't get to see your bae just yet."

"Indeed I am." She pouts. "But don't worry. When I see my boo thang we will-"

"Stop right there." Dean says,Holding his hand up. "Think about what you were gonna say. Is it Pg? Do me and your sister wanna hear it?" he asks her. She tilts her head,Thinking for a moment before letting out a small sigh and shaking her head. "No,I guess not." She mumbles.

I cringe before grabbing Dean's arm. "Um,Let's go." I laugh.

******

"That damn dog hates me,I'm telling you." Dean grumbles,Taking a sip of his water before putting the bottle back down on the kitchen table. I take a break from rubbing baby Fay's belly and look up at him. "Baby Fay does not hate you. She just hasn't warmed up to you yet because every time you're around you shoo her away."

"Because she doesn't like me." He huffs. "I tried picking her up once and she tried to bite the hell out of my finger. Then when I was giving her her food earlier I swear she growled at me. Not to mention that just before you walked in she was trying to bite my leg. I got you a dog from hell."

I look down at my sweet little baby and notice she's looking up at me with wide eyes. Her tongue is out and she's panting softly,Shaking her body from side to side softly on the table with her paws on her stomach. I smile and start to rub her belly again before looking back up at Dean who glares at her from across the table. "Oh don't be mean. She'll warm up to you eventually. She's just not used to you yet."

"Not used to me yet my ass. I'm the one who bought her. She should like me." He mutters to himself.

"Dean-" I'm cut off by my phone ringing. I pick it up and put it near my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi darling." I roll my eyes as I realize it's my mother. This is her first call to me in months I think.

"Mom. Hi."

"Oh you sound so bored with this conversation already." She giggles. "Aren't you happy to hear from me?" She asks. "Of coarse." I lie. "Is there something you need?" I ask. Why else would she be calling me?

"Oh no,Everything is fine. I just haven't heard from you in a while." She says. "Oh I've got great news! I've found myself a boyfriend! His name is Caleb!" She giggles more and once again I roll my eyes. Just some months ago she had called me and told me about her new boyfriend of the time. I've forgotten his name now,But I know this one is a different one.

"That's great mom."

"I know! But anyways,That's not why I called you. I called to ask if Aymie's okay?"

I furrow my brow and look towards the living room. It and the kitchen are connected so I can see clearly into it and up the stairs that lead to the bedrooms. "Yeah...Why wouldn't she be?" I ask in confusion. Aymie has been acting normal all day. She's her usual self. "We had an argument when she was here. I told her she needs to stop all the drinking and all the drugs and all the partying and she got upset with me." She sighs.

"Wha-Drugs?" I ask,My eyes becoming wide. "What kind of drugs?!"

"Just weed or so she says." Mom sighs again. "You know,That girl certainly knows how to work my nerves. I wish she were more like you,I really do. Although you aren't perfect yourself,What with all that suicide nonsense-"

"It wasn't nonsense!" I cut her off. I try to keep my cool as I don't want Dean to see me getting upset,But this woman is certainly pushing my buttons. "I had no idea about any one this but I can talk to her."

"Don't expect to get through to her. I can't seem to." She huffs. "I feel like this would be different if she'd graduated,You know? I don't know it's just...If she hadn't dropped out I wouldn't feel like this. I'd feel like this is her life she can do what she wants. But-"

"Excuse me? What do you mean dropped out?!" I shriek.

"Oh you know Aymie dropped out of high school!"

"No I didn't. What-I have to go." I mutter before hanging up quickly.

I feel like my heart is beating out of my chest. This all news to me. How could I not know about any of this? How could this just slip past me? How could my little sister,Who I thought trusted me so much, Lie to me straight to my face? I thought we told each other everything.

"What's wrong,Sadie?" Dean asks,Looking at me with worried eyes.

"I...I..." I take a deep breath before throwing a smile on my face. "Nothing." I shake my head. "My mom just always manages to get me all worked up over the simplest things." I laugh. If Dean thinks I'm upset then he'll be upset. I don't want to ruin our time together with my problems so it's best if I keep this from him for a while.

"What was that about? Dropping out?" He asks skeptically.

I shrug and clear my throat. "Mom told me something about a bird dropping straight out of the sky,Right in front of her face." I laugh.

"What-"

"I actually need to go speak to Aymie about something important. You stay down here and I should be back in a while. In the meantime,You and Baby Fay can bond." I smile.

"But I don't want to bond with her. She's mean." He whines.

"Please,Try to get along with her." I say before running out of the kitchen.

Apparently my sister has been keeping a huge secret from me and I'm determined to find out what the heck has been going on behind my back. If there's one thing I'm not a fan of,It's secrets.