Trust Issues (Chapter 34)

Armoni POV:

"Yes?" I answered Aireka's phone call.

"Hey, is this a bad time?" She asked, making me roll my eyes.

Yes.

"No, what's up?" I replied.

"Well its kind of a long story. I was supposed to be meeting up with Brandy to get my stuff back from her since I don't really fuck with her like that anymore." She explained, making me roll my eyes again. The fact that she was bringing up Brandy to me had me already irritated with this conversation. "I tried calling her, but when I called, her phone was disconnected. So then I went to her apartment and the whole place was trashed." She explained making me frown in confusion.

I wasn't understanding how the apartment was trashed when we were just over there cleaning it up. We basically cleared the place out, there wasn't anything really worth trashing and I highly doubted that Brandy would ruin her own stuff that she paid for. Something about this situation was hella fishy to me.

"I went and talked to her landlord and he said that he put her out a week ago. Her neighbors complained about a disturbance and so they called the police but by the time the police got there, the door was kicked in and nobody was there." She continued making my frown deepen.

"What the hell?" I mumbled lowly to myself. Since I was still in the car with Andrea and Aaliyah I didn't want to say too much.

"I was just calling to see if you'd heard from her or anything. I know she did some foul shit to you but I'm really starting to get worried. She got mixed in with some bad people and I think they might have something to do with her disappearance." She said.

"No, I haven't heard from her." I replied simply. I was still trying to process everything she was telling me. What Brandy did really hurt me and although I don't fuck with her, I wouldn't wish any harm or ill intent on her. She fucked me over but there was a point in time when she was a really good friend to me.

"I think I'm gonna go ahead and file a missing person's report." Aireka spoke up, knocking me from my thoughts.

"That's a good idea." I agreed as I nodded my head. My mind automatically drifted to Andrea and I sighed. How in the hell was I gonna tell her about this? Late last night she was having chest pains. She was pregnant with twins and didn't need any extra stress but I had to tell her. As much as I didn't want to stress her out or put a damper on her current happiness, she needed to know. "Keep me updated and I'll let you know if I hear from her." I told her.

"Okay, I will. Thanks." She replied.

"Bye." I said into the phone before ending the call by pressing the red button at the bottom of my screen. I dropped my phone in my lap and leaned back into my seat as I kept my eyes on the road. So much shit was happening.

"What's wrong?" Dre asked, noticing my mood change.

"I'll tell you when we get home." I mumbled. The rest of the ride home I was silent. The radio was playing quietly in the background and Aaliyah was running her mouth as usual but I couldn't even engage in her conversation. I listened to Andrea and Aaliyah talk while my mind raced.

"So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?" Andrea asked, coming into my room. Aaliyah was downstairs eating and we were up in my room. I sighed before gesturing for her to sit down. I got up from my bed and leaned against my vanity.