Unhealthy

"Hey dad." I said walking down the stairs into the living room sitting beside him on the couch. "Has mom said anything to you about being upset with me?" I asked causing him to put his phone down and look over at me.

"She just said you hurt her feelings." My dad replied causing me to sigh. "That you called her ridiculous." He added looking over at me seriously.

"I feel really bad... I was just angry. Not that that is any excuse." I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

"Bethany are you ready?" I herd my mom ask turning to see her walling down the stairs. Today is the first day of public school for me and I am really excited. Although I'm scared too and I wish I could talk to mom about it but... She kinda hates me.

"Um... Yeah." I sighed standing up.

"Good luck kiddo." My dad said before giving me a hug then gently kissing my forehead.

"Thanks." I sighed before walking upstairs getting my book bag out of my room. I stopped at the balcony looking down at my parents.

"Don't cry honey." I heard my dad say before he gently wiped a tear from her face. "It'll be okay I promise." He said before softly kissing her cheek. I wonder if I'm the reason she's crying. If she was that upset about what I said.

"Hey." I quietly said walking down the stairs.

"Um... You ready?" My mom asked quickly wiping her eyes flashing me a smile.

"Yeah... Is everything okay?" I questioned picking up my lunch box from the couch.

"Um... Yeah yeah. Everything is good." My mom lied causing me to sigh. "Come on let's go before you are late." My mom added me nodding my head. I looked up at my dad before hugging him tightly. Something is going on and it kills me that they aren't going to tell me.

Mom and I got in the car and she began driving me to school, silence taking over the car. "Mom." I said breaking the silence eager to ask my mom what was wrong. "Why were you crying earlier?" I asked causing her to sigh tightening her grip on the steering wheel.

"Nothing important." She answered.

"Why don't you want to tell me?" I questioned confused.

"Nothing honey I am fine."

"Why won't you just tell me?" I sighed becoming frustrated.

"Bethany just stop!" My mom exclaimed causing me to gasp.

"Stop the car for a second." I said causing her to pull over on the side of the road. "I can walk. Its only another block." I sighed before slamming the door shut beginning to walk down the sidewalk.

"Beth get back in the car." My mom said the window rolled down.

"Hello?" I said answering my phone, my boyfriend Ethan calling me.

"Hey baby do you have a ride for school?" Ethan asked causing me to smile.

After explaining where I was Ethan agreed to pick me up from where I was. "Bethany why are you doing this?" My mom asked getting out of the couch.

"Because you just yelled at me for no reason! All I wanted to know was what was wrong and if you were okay. You have never hid something from me but now you are!" I exclaimed furious now. "You should go. Ethan is picking me up." I sighed walking away from her.

"Bethany I can't believe you." My mom mumbled before getting into her car. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated in my life. She's mad because I care? How stupid.