Family

Finally. We are done unpacking everything into Bethany's new bedroom. Right after I picked her up we went shopping and I bought her some things for her room and some clothes also with a few things for her hair and her make up, which she is obsessed with. Gosh I just hope she's happy.

"Hi mother, what's for dinner?" Bethany smiled peaking her head into the bedroom where I was lying on my bed reading a certain scripture, Isaiah 40:31.

"For those who trust in the Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."

I was completely cought off guard Bethany calling me "mother" although it felt nice to be called that it surprised me. "Um... Not sure what are you hungry for little miss?" I smiled standing up the two of us walking down stairs into the kitchen, passing Mike in the living room.

"Anything." Bethany laughed sitting at the bar.

"Do you like salads?" I questioned Bethanny nodding her head "yes" in response.

"No no no. You can't turn her into a vegan." Mike said walking into the kitchen.

"Well I'm not a vegan but I'm not really that into meat so..." Bethany said causing me to immediately laugh.

"Are you kidding me!" Mike exclaimed us all laughing.

"Sorry." Beth giggled.

"That is fine Carrie was a vegetarian when I met her and I love her just as much as I would if she was a meat eater." Mike smiled wrapping his arms around my shoulders kissing his forehead before I felt Bethany grab my arm.

"Carrie? Carrie? This is my mother." Bethany scowled at Mike wrapping her arms around my back pulling me away from Mike and towards her.

"Well sorry." Mike laughed along. "I say hamburgers tonight." Mike grinned as I hugged Bethany tightly trying to pick her up although it was hard considering she's the same height as me.

"Ew no." Bethany laughed before the two of us fell onto the kitchen floor us laughing hysterically. "My nose is bleeding." Bethany said standing up hurrying into the bathroom. I followed quickly behind but when I got into the bathroom I soon realized she was alright. "Oh my gosh." Bethany giggled holding some toilet paper to her nose.

"Honey are you okay?" I asked worriedly wrapping my arms around her.

"Yes yes I am fine." She laughed in response. "My nose does this a lot so just be prepared." Bethany said with a laugh.

"That's alright." I flashed her a smile. "I guess I'll still love you." I smiled wrapping my arms around her.

"You and Mike are serious about that?" Bethany questioned confused.

"About what? Loving you. Of course you are my daughter your our daughter." I added.

"Yeah for just a day." Bethany sighed.

"That doesnt mean anything. We've known you for months we do love you." I reassured her hugging Bethany tightly.

"Why? Why do you love me?" Bethany questioned causing me to become confused she looked really sad, I've never seen her this way before. She continued staring at me as she threw the bloody toilet paper away.

"Come here..." I said leading her out of the bathroom and up the stairs. "Beth... I've never asked you about your mom. What happened to her?" I asked as the two of us sat on my bed.

"They took me from her when I was ten, after my dance teacher saw the bruises.... She had always told me she loved me but when she'd get mad..." Bethany explained looking down at the ground. "She couldn't control herself." She added a small tear escaping her eye. This broke my heart to hear this, and to see Beth cry. I absolutely hate it.

"Bethany." I said placing my hand over top of hers.

"She told me she was sorry, and that she loved me. But she didn't." Bethany sighed another tear streaming down her face.

"I didn't mean to upset you." I said wrapping my arms around Beth pulling her into a tight hug.

"Look, if you don't love me please don't say you do." Bethany pulled away from me.

"Honey I do love you. And so does Mike. We will never hurt you..." I replied pulling her back into a hug. Before I knew it Bethany was curled up in my lap crying into my chest. I feel horrible, I shouldn't have said anything about her mom to Beth.