Competition

(4 months later)

"Wait... Dad isn't going to make it?" Bethany asked looking at me seriously. Bethany has been with us for a little over six months. These competitions have become an every weekend thing for us and I love it.

"No honey I'm sorry... But I think you are going to do great. I know you will." I smiled hugging her tightly. Bethan seems to blow me away every single time she preforms, and I absolutely love this dance. I couldn't be more excited, I just wish Mike was here. "Good luck baby I love you." I smiled missing her forehead.

"I love you too."

•••

Bethany ended up winning the entire competition, which honestly is no surprise. I couldn't be happier for her right now although she doesn't seem too excited. "Beth everything alright?" I asked worriedly as the two of us walked through the front door of the house.

"Hey honey how'd you do?" Mike smiled at our daughter except Bethany completely ignored his question walking straight up the stairs. "What's wrong?" Mike asked as I just stood there confused.

"Well she won. The whole thing. She actually got a perfect score I'm not sure why she is so upset." I replied with a sigh sitting the trophy on the coffee table.

"I really tried to come." Mike pouted kissing my forehead.

"I know." I sighed before standing up. I went upstairs and knocked on Bethany's bedroom. "Honey open up." I said before Bethany unlocked the door opening it for me to see her face stained with tears. "What's wrong?" I worriedly asked before she walked away from me going into her bathroom.

"Does he not want to see me dance?" Bethany suddenly said catching me off guard as she began removing her stage make up.

"Who? Your dad? Yes honey he does." I answered confused.

"Why doesn't he ever come? I have a competition every weekend and he's never came." Bethany added tears still falling from her eyes.

"Beth he is busy." I tried explaining.

"To busy for me I understand... Maybe if I was his real daughter..." I herd Bethany mumble hanging her head.

"Bethany don't say that." I sighed looking at my daughter seriously.

"Why? Its true." Bethany scowled catching me off guard.

"Bethany." I exclaimed giving her a look.

"Can you just leave me alone for a little while? I don't want to talk about it anymore." Bethany sighed biting her lip. I just nodded my head in response before exiting her room immediately going down stairs.

"Just girl stuff?" Mike asked with a small laugh as I sat on the couch beside him.

"No." I coldly shot back. "She is upset with you. Said that you don't want to watch her dance, and that your too busy for her. If maybe she was your real daughter then you'd care to make time for her." I added me slightly upset. Because I feel the same way. Mike and I have been dragged every which way, we never get any time alone.

"Carrie you know that's not true." Mike replied looking confused.

"I've never seen her so upset. She just wants you to love her-"

"Carrie I love Beth more than anything!" Mike cut me off quickly. I just sat there. Confused. On why I was so upset that he'd said that. Why he said it that way. Mike hasn't talked about me that way in months. Wait I am actually jealous of my own daughter? Mike and I are having problems of our own, we have been so for Mike to jump so quickly like that it kinda upsets me. I can't remember the last time he said he loved me.

I just nodded my head before walking up the stairs. Tears almost immediately fell from my eyes as I walked into mine and Mikes bedroom sitting on the bed. I love Bethany to death she is my little mini me but things with Mike and I have definitely declined since we adopted her. And I hate that. I want us to be one big happy family.

Around twenty minuets later Mike came in. "Hey I talked to Beth. Baby what's wrong?" Mike asked worriedly as he sat on the bed beside me. "Care." Mike sighed sitting beside me.

"Just go Mike..." I cried moving away from him.

"Honey tell me what's wrong." Mike added following me into the bathroom.

"You said you love Bethany more than anything... When was the last time you said something like that to me?" I asked crying hysterically now. "Just tell me what to do Mike, tell me what to do to make you love me again." I said looking up at him.

"Carrie I do love you. I love you so much." Mike said wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry I've been so busy, and that we haven't gotten to spend much time together but I love you so incredibly much Carrie." Mike added gently rubbing my back.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"I love you too."

15 votes= New Chapter