28. Sorry's Not Enough

• Austin's P.O.V. •

I woke up with a killer headache and almost no memory of what happened last night. The only thing I could remember is me getting to the party with Ava.

I picked up my phone off the bed and dialled her number. She could tell me what happened last night.

It only rang twice, meaning she'd denied my call. I furrowed my eyebrows and dialled again. This time it rang once before she denied it.

"What the hell?" I said to myself. I decided i'd just text her to ask why she was ignoring me. I opened up my messages and saw I had one from Robert, so I opened it first.

Robert: Call me when you wake up.

I went back to the phone and dialled Robert.

"You're a real asshole, you know that?" He said right when he answered.

"Wow, you're a real ray of sunshine." I said sarcastically.

"I'm not joking."

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You don't remember last night, do you?"

"No."

So, he explained. And by the time he was done I felt like absolute shit.

"I gotta go." I said, interrupting him. I hung up the phone and threw it down on the bed.

My hands balled into fists as I sat there thinking about what happened last night.

I'm going to lose the best thing that's happened to me in a long time all because I got too drunk and couldn't control my temper.

"Damn it!" I yelled.

What the hell am going to do without Ava?

I picked up my phone and called her again but she still wouldn't answer. So I texted her.

'I'm coming over. We have to talk.'

I quickly changed into some clothes that didn't smell of alcohol and then I was on my way.

• Ava's P.O.V. •

I denied yet another call. I'm just not ready to talk to him.

I haven't left my bed since I got home last night. My mom came in like half an hour ago and told me that we were going out for breakfast, but I lied and said I got my period this morning. I told her I wasn't feeling well at all, so they went without me.

My phone went off, letting me know I got a text. I picked it up and read it.

Austin: I'm coming over. We have to talk.

No. No no no, I really don't want to talk to him. I don't even want to look at him.

I got up off the bed and looked out the window. There he was, walking up my doorway. I tried to get to the door first so that I could lock it, but he'd already let himself in.

My breath hitched when our eyes met each others.

"Ava," he started quietly, "i'm sorry to come barging in like that, but we both know we need to talk."

"Get out." I had to force the words out of my mouth.

"Ava-"

"I said get out!" I yelled.

"I need to talk to you. Please hear me out." He tried.

"I don't want to hear you out. I don't want to talk. I don't want anything to do with you." I cried. I didn't bother wiping the tears away.