13. Upgrade

This thing between Austin and I has been going well. It's been a few weeks, and i'm starting to realize that i'm glad I gave him a chance.

He's actually nice. I mean, believe me, he still has those days where I just want to smack him for being a total asshole, but he's also had days where he's just really sweet. I guess that's what happens when you like someone; you take the good with the bad.

Yes, I said it, I like Austin. I've openly admitted it to my friends, and most people in school have figured that there's something going on between us. It's no longer a secret and I don't really care.

"Ava."

"What? What, i'm sorry."

Naomi rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Nevermind."

"Naomi was trying to tell you something, but you were too busy daydreaming and staring at your friend over there." Jordan said.

"I was not daydreaming, and I absolutely was not staring at him. I.. I was thinking about an assignment I forgot to do." I defended.

"Yeah, sure." Naomi scoffed.

"Okay, fine. Maybe I was." I admitted.

"Maybe? You totally were." Jordan laughed.

"You, my friend," Naomi started, placing her hand on my shoulder, "need to learn how to not be so obvious."

She then removed her hand and started walking away while Jordan followed.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" I called after them.

"Class is about to start. Plus, your not boyfriend is coming." Naomi laughed.

"My not boyfriend?" I said to myself under my breath.

"Hey." Austin greeted.

Oh.

"Hey." I greeted back.

Everyday, Austin meets me at my locker before our last period class because it's one of the few we have together. From there we both make our way to class.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yep. I've got all my stuff." I reply.

He gives a simple head nod and throws his arm around my shoulders as we walk to class. On the way there, I notice a girl staring straight at Austin, and she's practically drooling. Oh, and she's completely ignoring the fact that i'm literally right next to him.

I roll my eyes and let out a little scoff, and he notices. "Don't worry about her." He said, squishing me more into his side.

"I'm not."

I am. I've always seen girls gape at him, but now that we're... whatever we are, it bothers me. The girls in this school don't know how to keep their eyes to themselves.

"Yes you are."

"Well, she's staring like i'm not even standing here. They all do." I defended.

He stopped in the middle of the hallway, and turned me around so that I was facing him. "Let 'em. I only notice one girl, and everyone knows that's you." His hand dropped from my shoulder to my waist.

Without even thinking I leaned in to kiss him, hut he pulled back.

"Nope, no kissing. Your rules." He teased.

"Please, we both know I wasn't thinking right when I made that stupid rule." I smiled.

"You've finally come to your senses." He laughed, and leaned in to kiss me after.