30. Take It Slow

My eyes fluttered open, and I lifted my head off of Austin's chest to find that he was still sleeping and it was now night time.

We must have both fallen asleep sometime after our talk. Last thing I remember is sitting down next to each other.

I glanced up at Austin once more, then laid my head back down on his chest. I didn't want to move and wake him up because he looked so tired when I first got here. I figured i'd just lay still, and let him rest.

"Hey." I heard him say softly. Well that didn't work.

"Hey." I said with a small smile as I looked up at him.

"Sorry I fell asleep on you." He apologized.

"It's okay, I fell asleep on you too, literally." I laughed and he joined. We fell silent, and I just laid there while he played with my hair.

"I'm happy you told me you love me." He said, breaking the silence.

I chuckled before saying, "Me too, but why?"

"I just wasn't sure if you did." He said lowly.

"Of course I do." He looked at me, almost like he wasn't convinced I was telling the truth. I reached up and laid my hand gently on his face. "Hey, I do; I love you."

"Good." He smiled down at me.

I was glad that we weren't fighting anymore. It's going to take a while to get back to the way things were, but we were together again, and that's all that mattered to me right now.

"So, are we ever going to get off this couch, or are we just going to be lazy all night?" He chuckled.

"Let's just sit. This is nice, actually; enjoying each other's company." I said.

"True." He agreed. "I missed this. Even though it was only a couple days."

"Believe me, I did too."

"I missed being able to hold you, touch you, kiss you."

"And I missed being held, touched, and kissed." I smiled up at him. "Especially kissed."

"Then I guess that means that I should kiss you to make up for lost time." He winked.

"I think that's a perfect idea."

We smiled at each other for a moment and then finally he leaned down and connected our lips.

At first it was so gentle and delicate, but that soon flew out the window once he deepened it. Minutes passed and we were still wrapped up in the moment.

He pulled me onto him and I was practically sitting on his lap now. My hands flew up to his hair and my fingers tangled in his curls; this earned a low groan from him. His fingers found their way under my shirt and rested on my waist. I pulled back a bit to catch my breath, and he took that opportunity to kiss on my neck and shoulders. His name slipped my mouth, and as soon as it had, he picked me up in one fluid motion and started towards his bedroom. My legs were wrapped tightly around his waist and his hands gripped the backs of my thighs to support my weight.

We reached his room and he dropped me down on the bed, and crawled on top of me. As soon as his face was close enough to mine, I pulled it down and brought our lips together again. His hands raked over my body and I pretty much melted at his every touch.

My hands developed a mind of their own, and before I knew it, I was tugging at his shirt, trying to get it off. He broke the kiss to remove it and fling it across the room. I brought my eyes to his abs, then to his eyes, and back to his abs. He had a smug smile on his face, knowing that him being shirtless had an affect on me.

"You like?" He teased.

"I love." I said, bringing my hand to his chest.

"You only like me for my body?" He mocked hurt.

"Are you going to keep kissing me or not?" I asked, smiling.

"Someone's impatient."

I rolled my eyes and he leaned down into me. We picked up right where we left off, and now it was my shirt that was being flung across the room. He left a trail of hot kisses from my neck all the way to the waistline of my jeans. He started making his way back up to my neck and my hands reached right for the button on his pants.

"Wait." He said, putting his hand over mine.

"What?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"We shouldn't rush into this. I mean, we just got back together a few hours ago." He said.

"Oh my gosh, i'm sorry." I blushed and covered my face with my hands. Well, this is embarassing.

"Don't be sorry." He moved my hands away from my face, then swept away a piece of hair that'd fallen out of place. "I want it too, just.. when the time is right. I don't want either of us to regret this; we should be sure."

"You're right." I agreed, still blushing. "Sorry."

He left a soft kiss on my jaw. "Again, don't be." He laid down on the side of me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Stay with me tonight."

"I can't, my parents."

"Tell them you're spending the night with your friends."

"They know i'm here, though."

"So say they picked you up from here."

"Fine." I turned my body to face him completely. "Only because you forced me." I joked.

He smiled and kissed my nose quickly before getting up and going to his closet. He returned with a shirt of his and handed it to me. "Here."

"Thanks." I stood from the bed and started unbuckling my pants.

"Don't you wanna change in the bathroom?" He asked.

"I'm not shy." I winked. I purposely made a show of pulling my pants down and taking them off. I put his shirt on, and then laid back down.

"That was pure evil." He joked.

"What?" I aksed, faking cluelessness.

"You know what you did." He chuckled.

"Whoops."

He dropped his pants too, leaving him in just boxers and crawled in bed beside me. He pulled me into him, but I pulled back.

"Wait." I reached under the shirt, unclipped my bra, and then slipped it out from under the shirt. "That's better."

"Why are you torturing me like this?"

"Oh, shut up." I giggled, then cuddled up next to him.

------------------------------

A/N:

I'm sorry i kept you guys waiting so long, and that it's short. I couldn't figure out what the hell to write but i finally came up with this. What'd you think? Only about 10 chapters left...

Also, i wanted to say thank you for all the reads, votes, comments, and followers i've been getting lately. I love it!

you know the drill, vote/comment/fan if you enjoyed!

--m