11: Kisses

* a month later *

This whole friendship between Austin and I is actually working out. Yes, he's still his jerky smart-ass self, but i've learned to just ignore it. Never in a million years would I have thought that I, Ava Carter, and Austin Mahone would be friends. But, we are.

"Okay, let's get started." I said, setting down our work on his table.

We were assigned another partner project in school, and this time, Austin and I had actually chosen each other. We'd both agreed to meet at his house to work on it after school, and now, here we are.

"Let's just get this over with quick. I hate doing shit like this." He groaned.

"Trust me, I do too, but it's got to be done the right way. Which means we actually have to try rather than rushing through it." I said.

"You suck." He joked.

"Yeah, you've told me."

"Alright, what do we do first?" He asked.

A seemingly never-ending hour later, our assignment was finished.

"See? Wasn't so bad."

"It was, though."

"You think any type of work is bad. You're lazy." I laughed.

"I am not lazy." He protested.

"But you are."

"No, you're just an overachiever."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not having this conversation with you."

"Don't roll your eyes, you know I hate that." He said.

"Oh, i'm sorry, does it bother you?" I asked, rolling my eyes again purposely to get him riled up.

"Seriously, knock it off. Or else." He warned.

"Oh, i'm so scared. What are you going to do, huh?" I teased.

"You forced me." He sighed.

He scooted his chair over to mine and stopped right in front of me.

"What're you doing?" I asked.

He ignored my question and grabbed my face in his hands. Before I knew it, his perfect plump lips were pressed against mine. At first, I didn't react, but I gave in and kissed him back. Our lips moved rhythmically in sync for what seemed like only seconds before he pulled away. He moved back, and I could feel him smirking at me, but I kept my eyes closed, trying to regain my self control.

"What was that?" I asked, breathless.

"Something i've been waiting to do." He said plainly.

"So the whole 'knock it off, or else' thing was a lame excuse to kiss me?" I asked.

"It worked, didn't it?" He smirked.

"Well-"

"Not so lame then, now was it?"

"I guess not." I blushed. "Why'd you stop?" I blurted before I could stop myself.

"I didn't think you wanted me to kiss you." He said.

Why wouldn't I!? my mind practically screamed.

I'm attracted to him, there's no denying that. So, really, there's no sense in me trying to convince him or myself that I didn't enjoy that kiss. He'd see right through that lie.

"Well you thought wrong." I told him.

"Guess I did." He said before grabbing my face gain and bringing his lips to mine. This time I was quicker to kiss back. I brought my hand up and rested it on his shoulder, pulling him closer to me.