25. Disaster

• Austin's P.O.V. •

Everything's been planned out. Two of our guys will guard the front of the warehouse, two will guard the back, and the rest of us will be on the inside. We're all just hoping that there's more of us than them.

"On three, I kick the door down. After that, go inside, and do whatever it takes to get the file. If you get it, make sure you let the rest of us know so we can get the hell out of here as quick as possible." Cory said to the group of us that is going inside.

We all nodded, and watched as he counted to three, then kicked the door open.

"The fuck?!" Someone, one of Cameron's men, shouted. Seconds later, a gun went off and the man dropped dead, making me cringe.

Have I ever shot someone? Yes. Have I ever beat someone within an inch of their life? Yes. I have never killed anyone though. I don't exactly plan on ever doing it either. Cory knows I won't kill someone unless I absolutely have to, and he's fine with it. He knows i'll do whatever the hell he asks me to, except kill someone.

"Austin, move! You're going to get yourself killed by just standing there!" Cory yelled at me.

I just nodded and moved towards the first door I saw. I pushed the door open and found no one. I went inside and looked all around, but found no file. "This room's clear!" I shouted to the other guys.

As I was leaving the room, another one of Cameron's men came out from the hallway and shot at me. He, luckily, missed so I shot him in the arm hoping it'd make him drop the gun. It worked, making the guy drop to his knees and clutch his arm in pain. One of our guys came out of the same hallway and shot the guy dead.

"You've got to get over this whole not killing people thing, because in work like this, it's going to get you killed." Tyson said, walking past me and motioning for me to follow him.

"I know." I said under my breath.

"That side of the house is clear. All his men have got to be on this side of the warehouse, and that's most likely where the file's at.

The way this warehouse is set up, there's two sides. When you walk in through the front door, you walk into a lounge type room. There's a hallway with separate rooms on either side of it.

"I know that they know we're here." I said to Tyson. "Why have only two of them came out and fought back?"

"They're probably fucking planning something. They're a lot smarter than we first thought." He said back.

All of a sudden we heard countless gun shots going off. We raised our guns, preparing to defend ourselves, but realized they were coming from outside.

"Hey, go help the men outside!" Tyson shouted to two of our guys. They ran outside, leaving Tyson, Cory, Alex, Zach, Robert, and I as the only ones still inside.

Tyson and I ran to the other side of the house and found Cory and Robert standing outside of a room.

"Did you guys find anything?" Tyson asked Cory.

"Alex and Zach are still searching this room. We're keeping watch for them until they come out." He responded.

About a minute later, they came out and told us that they hadn't found anything. We could all still hear the numerous gunshots going off outside.