8. Stop

As soon as Jordan and I walked into the party, she suggested we find the drinks.

She dragged me through the crowds of people until she found the kitchen. Once there, she started making drinks for us.

"Here." She said, handing me a red plastic cup.

"What's this?" I asked, since I hadn't paid attention to what she'd poured into the cup.

"Just try it." She smiled.

I took a drink while she stared at me.

"It's good." I smiled.

"I know. Now, let's go dance." She suggested.

I followed her to the living room where everyone was, and started dancing.

We danced for a couple songs, but then I stopped when I spotted somebody.

"Hey, Jordan, i'll be right back." I said to her.

I quickly drank what was left of my drink before making my way over to him.

His back was facing me, so I tapped his shoulder when I reached him. He spun around and looked down at me smiling.

"Ava, hey." Scott said.

Scott was the guy I met at the last party. As bad as it sounds, I had totally forgotten about him. But, It was nice to see him again.

"Hi." I smiled.

"It's nice to see you again." He said, pulling me in for a hug.

"So, do you want to, maybe, go dance?" I asked when I pulled back.

I had a lot of fun at the last party when we danced together, so why not do it again.

"Yeah, of course." He said to me. "I'll catch you guys later." He said to his friends.

I grabbed his arm and led him towards the dance floor. Jordan spotted me and started to make her way towards me, but when she saw Scott she smiled and went to another friend instead.

Many songs later, we decided that we were too tired to keep dancing.

"Do you want to go get another drink with me?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure."

We went into the kitchen where he got a cup and poured something into it and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem." He said, grabbing another cup and pouring himself the same drink.

"Hey, i've got to use the restroom. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Okay. I'll be right here." I smiled.

He nodded and set his drink down on the counter next to me before walking off towards the bathroom.

All of a sudden, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and pulled my back close to the front of them.

"Damn, baby, you look good in that dress. Maybe you could take it off for me?" They slurred.

"Get off." I spat, managing to get away from their grip. I turned around to see some random drunk kid.

"Aw, don't be like that. I just want to have a little fun with a beautiful girl like you." He said. He kept reaching for my hands, but I kept pulling away.

"No, just go away, alright?"

"Come on." He said sternly.

"I said no." I spat.