16. A Date?

• Ava's P.O.V •

I've been woken up from a good dream by the sound of my phone ringing. I glance over at my alarm clock and notice that it's 5:32 a.m. Confused, and a little angry, I grab my phone and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sis."

"Blake? What the hell, do you know what time it is?!" I whisper yelled, so as to not wake up the rest of the house at such an inconvenient hour.

"Yeah, it's 5:33." He said like this was a normal hour to call someone for no reason.

"Yeah, and I should still be sleeping. I have to get up in like an hour and a half to get ready for school. I'll never be able to fall back asleep." I complained.

"Aw, you'll be fine." He laughed.

"Why are you calling me so early? What do you want?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said calmly.

"You woke me up this early for nothing?" I asked. I'm sure he could hear the anger in my tone.

"I told you when I left that i'd find ways to bug you." He laughed.

"You're so annoying, Blake."

"Thanks."

"Can I go back to sleep now? I'll call you after school or something." I groaned.

"Okay. Don't forget. I want to talk to the little ones too." He said.

"I won't. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone, placed it back on my nightstand, and flopped back down on the bed. I kept trying to fall back asleep, but I couldn't. So when 7 a.m. finally came, I was already wide awake.

I forced myself to get out of bed and get ready. After that, I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Tired?" Taylor asked.

"Yes. Want to know who called me at 5:30 this morning and woke me up?" I asked, a fake smile plastered on my face.

"Who?"

"Blake. He woke me up for nothing. He just wanted to annoy me." I whined.

"I can tell you're not too happy about that."

"Me? Oh, i'm thrilled that I was woken up from a good dream by my idiot brother that just wanted to get on my nerves." I replied sarcastically. She just laughed in response and continued to eat her breakfast.

I pulled my phone from my back pocket, and dialed Austin's number.

"Hello?" He answered, voice groggy.

"Were you asleep?" I asked, already pretty much knowing he was.

"Mhm." He mumbled.

"Oh, um, sorry." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"It's fine." He said, then yawned. "Need something?"

"Yeah. Can you give me a ride to school today?" I asked.

Normally, i'd drive myself, but i'm so tired, and knowing my luck i'll fall asleep on the road or something.

"Yeah, sure. Want to come here, or should I just pick you up?"

"I'll go there. I've got nothing to do at my house anyways." I said.

"Okay."

"Okay, bye." I hung up before he even said anything.