14. Finally

"This is so relaxing." Jordan smiled. Her tanned body, covered in just a black bikini, laid sprawled out across her beach towel. I laid next to her in my bright pink bikini, and Naomi next to me in her red and white striped one.

"It is." Naomi sighed, happily.

"I can't believe that we spent an hour in the water. I'm still a prune!" I laughed.

"Me too." Jordan said, looking at her wrinkled fingers.

"Well, at least you guys aren't sunburnt prunes." Naomi said.

I looked over to Naomi, and sure enough, she was sunburnt. Jordan and I erupted into a fit of giggles as Naomi glared at the both of us.

In the middle of all this, I heard my phone go off. I took it from my bag and read the message. It was from Austin.

'We should hang out today'

I smiled as I typed in my reply.

'We should. Maybe later, though? I'm with the girls. Unless you want to come to the beach and chill with us'

"Do I even have to ask who that is?" Naomi laughed.

"Austin's not the only person I ever text, guys." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Who is it then?" She asked.

"Austin." I laughed.

"Figures." Jordan joked.

My phone buzzed again.

'Thanks for the invite, but I'd rather be alone with you (; Have fun with your girls and just text me later'

'I will. See you later.'

Just as I was about to put my phone down, it went off yet again. This time it was a call from my mom.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the beach with the girls, why?"

"Did you forget? Your brother is leaving today!"

"Oh shit." I said.

"Language." She warned.

"Sorry, okay, i'll be there as soon as I can." I told her.

"Okay. Drive safe."

"I will." Then I hung up.

"I forgot my brother is leaving for school today. We were going to spend time with him before he has to leave." I said to Naomi and Jordan.

"Wasn't he was supposed to leave a long tome ago?" Naomi asked.

"Yeah," I answered, while putting my clothes on over my bikini, "but the college postponed the day he was supposed to go for who knows what reason."

"Oh, well, have fun. Don't cry." Jordan advised.

"Thanks, I probably will." I shouted over my shoulder as I headed back to my car.

Once I got to it, I sent a text to my mom saying I was about to leave, and another to Austin telling him my situation and that it wouldn't be until later that I could hang out with him. Then I started the drive home and made it there in fifteen minutes.